[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday Ocober 1

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 1 21:56:11 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday October 7, 2007

(Charlie Parker) Ko Ko - The Max Roach 4 Plays Charlie Parker - Mercury -
314 512 440-2

(Sid Kuller, Ray Golden, Hal Borne) Nothin' - Jump for Joy - Cannonball
Adderly - Verve - 314 528 699-2

(Elmer Bernstein) Main Theme from "The Carpetbaggers" - The Cat
 - Jimmy
Smith with Lalo Schifrin - Verve - 810 046-2

(Gillespie) Here "Tis - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike Longo - CAP 1006

(Charles Gatschet) Caracas - Step Lightly - Charles Gatschet - Charles
Gatschet Productions - CGP 2007

(Lee Morgan) Desert Moonlight - The Rumproller - Lee Morgan - Blue Note -
7243 5 21229 2 9

(Mann Curtis, Al Hoffman, Walter kent) I'm Gonna Live Till I Die -
Trav'lin' Light - Queen Latifah - Verve - B0009203-02

(Charlie Parker) Ah Leu Cha - Joined at the Hip - PJ Perry, Campbell Ryga
- Cellar Live Records - CL 101506

8:01 NPR News

(Rodgers and Hart) This Can't Be Love - Roland Hanna at Maybeck - Concord
- CCD-4604

(Adamson, McHugh) I Just Found out about Love - You and the Night and the
Music - Jackie Ryan - Open Art - OA 07292

(Robin, Rainger) Thanks for the Memories - Stan Getz: The Best of the
Verve Years Volume 2 - Verve - 314 517 330-2

(John Lewis) Spanish Steps - Dedicated to Connie - Modern Jazz Quartet -

(Bill Mays) Fantasy (Mvt. 1) - Fantasy - The Inventions trio: Bill Mays,
Marvin Stamm, Alisa Horn - Palmetto Records - PM 2128

(John Hollenbeck) I'm So Fickin' Cool - For - The Claudia Quintet -
Cuneiform Records - Rune - 247

(Rodges and Hart) Falling in Love with Love - Eddie Daniels Live at the
Iridium - www.iporecordings.com

(Kahn, Malneck, Signoelli) I'll Never Be the Same - Music Maestro Please -
Freddy Cole - High Note - HCD 7168

(Torme, Wells) Blue Moon - Piano Interpretations - Wynton Kelly - Blue
Note - CDP 7 84456 2

9:01 NPR News

(Kenny Burrell) Chitlins Con Carne - Midnight Blue - Kenny Burrell - Blue
Note - 7243 4 95335 3 5

(Kenny Drew, Jr.) Nelson Avenue Morning - The Rainbow Connection - Kenny
Drew Jr. - Evidence - ECD 22198-2

(Whitney, Kramer) Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens - Champian - Campian
Fulton with David Berger and the Sultans of Swing - Such Sweet Thunder -
SST 2205

(Thompson, Jacquet) Robbin's Nest - Count Basie 1947/Brand New Wagon -
Count Basie - Bluebird - 2292-2-RB

(Irving Berlin) Blue Skies - Complete Columbia & RCA Victor Recordings:
The John Kirby Sextet - Definitive Records - DRCD11168

(Waller, Razaf) Stealin' Apples - A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher
Henderson Story - Columbia/Legacy - C3K 57596

Mean to Me - Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles - Billie Holiday -
Columbia/Legacy - 88697 13178 2

(Charles Mingus) Better Git It in Your Soul - Mingus Ah Um - Charles
Mingus - Columbia - CK 40648

(Rodgers and Hart) Nobody's Heart - Prestige Original Jazz Classics
Sampler - Gil Evans - Prestige - OJCCD-3705-2

(Roni Ben-Hur) Back When - Keepin It Open - Roni Ben-Hur - Motema -
MTM-00010

(Santos, de Moraes) A Santinha la da Serra - Muiza Adnet Sings Moacir
Santos - Adventure Music - AM 1032 2