[JPL] Cyrus and Elvis

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Wed Oct 3 11:35:28 EDT 2007

Hi Jae,

Interestingly enough, vocalist Dee Daniels does a really nice version of
Presley's "Love Me Tender" on her August 2007 release "Jazz In It."  I'm
not sure what's in the air these days regarding Elvis but I'm with Chuck
D...."he was never a hero to me either, musically or otherwise."
Cyrus's choice to cover Elvis is a curious choice to me also.

I haven't listened yet, but I will.

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson