[JPL] Cyrus and Elvis

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 13:38:44 EDT 2007

Bobby,

..... and I think that often extended to band leaders as well ...
Cootie Williams' name on "'Round Midnight", and I think Coleman
Hawkins' name is on a couple of bebop tunes written by the young tyros
in his band.  And didn't  Ellington himself have his name on tunes that
were conceived if not written down by members of his band?    Sort of
like corporate property rights, if you did it while you were working
for us, it's ours.

Hunter S Thompson was right!

Jim