[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wed 10-03

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 3 21:48:33 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, posted at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 3, 2007

(Clifford Brown) Blues Walk - Alone Together: The best of the Mercury
Years - Clifford Brown-Max Roach - Verve - 314 526 373-2

(Coleman Hawkin) Stuffy - Norman Granz' J.A.T.P. Carnegie Hall, 1949 -
Pablo - PACD-5311-2

(Tadd Dameron) Hot House - Look Stop & Listen - Tardo Hammer Sharp Nine -
CD-1040-2

(John Scofield) Strangeness in the Night - This Meets That - John Scofield
- EmArcy - B0009774-02

(Charles Mingus) Ysabel's Table Dance - Tijuana Moods - Charles Mingus -
RCA Victor /Legacy - 88697 05533 2

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You - The South of Everywhere -
Jonathan Kreisberg - Mel Bay Records - MB 10452 CD

(Ernesto Lecuona) La Comparsa - Calle 54 - Bebo Valdes and Chucho Valdes -
Blue Note - 7243 5 32000 2 2

8:01 NPR News

(Cole Porter) All of You - A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening - Calabria
Foti - Moco - 23-002

(Tadd Dameron) So Easy - Smokin' with the Chet Baker Quintet  - Prestige -
PR20 7449-2

(Coots, Gillespie) You Go to My Head - Things Ain't What They Used to Be -
Nick Brignola - Reservoir - RSR CD 174

(John Hollenbeck) Be Happy - For - Claudia Quintet - Cuneiform Records -
Rune 247

(Horace Silver) Nica's Dream - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir - RSR
CD 191

(Harry Warren, Mack Gordon) I Wish I Knew - Ballads - John Coltrane -
Impulse - GRD-156

(Gus Kahn, Isham Jones) It Had to Be You - Tony Bennet Sings the Ultimate
American Songbook Volume 1 - RPM Records/Columbia/Legacy - 88697 15320 2

(Friend, Franklin) When My Dreamboat Comes Home - Party Time - Arnett Cobb
- Prestige - OJCCD-219-2
9:01 NPR News

Heckler's Hop - Columbia Jazz Masterpieces Sampler - Roy Eldridge -
Columbia - CK 45146

(Jimmy Rushing and Buck Clayton) Boogie Woogie (I May Be Wrong) - Count
Basie: The Complete Decca Recordings - Decca Jazz - GRD-3-6111

(Eliscu, Rose, Youmans) More Than You Know - Mildred Bailey: The Rockin'
Chair Lady (1931-1950) - Mildred Bailey - Decca - GRD-644

(Ellington, Williams) Echoes of Harlem - Duke Ellington: Small Groups
Volume 1 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 46995

(Gershwin) Things Are Looking up - Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles
- Columbia/Legacy - 88697 13178 2

(Hod O'Brien) Diffusion of Beauty - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors - ARCD
19329

(Grande, Lytle, Signorelli, Pariah) A Blues Serenade - Al Cohn Quintet
Featuring Bob Brookmeyer - Coral records - B0003935-02

(Higgins, Overstreet) There 'll Be Some Changes Made - Au Courant -
Charlie Byrd - Concord - CCD-4779-2

(S. Gainsbourg, E. Bacsik) La Saison de Pluies - Breakfast on the Morning
Tram - Stacey Kent - Blue Note - 50999 5 01811 2 8

(Thelonious Monk) We See - Straight No Chaser - Columbia/Legacy - CK 64886

(Bock, Holofcener, Weiss) Too Close for Comfort - Quartets - Leslie
Pintchik - Ambient Records - CD-006