[JPL] Getting ORGANIZED this week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 09:07:02 EDT 2007

If you like the sound of the Hammond B3 organ then you’ll be in heaven while you listen this week to XM 72-Beyond Jazz!

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
33 West 60th Street
10th Floor
New York, NY 10023
russ.davis at xmradio.com

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (8-14 October 2006)

This Monday, October 8th, is a very special happy birthday edition of our feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of one Grammy-award winner and master of modern Latin jazz, DAVE SAMUELS! During the hour you’ll hear Dave’s solo work, his work with the band Spyro Gyra and of course the music of his award-winning group Caribbean Jazz Project. Plus Dave will give us a look at his tremendous career in his own words. Listen for MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS every Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at a new, earlier time of 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, and this week we wish a very happy birthday to the great DAVE SAMUELS on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle joins in on our week-long celebration of the wonders of the Hammond Organ in MOJA as she presents a show she calls Vitamin B3 including the work of Jack McDuff, Jimmy Smith, Groove Holmes, Robert Walter and more!

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for ROBERT WALTER’S SUPER HEAVY ORGAN TOUR LIVE on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night, now at a new, earlier time of 9 PM Eastern/ 6 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll continue our week-long salute to the wonders of the Hammond B3 in MOJA as we return to Quincy California for another great set from the 2006 High Sierra Music Fest, this time featuring organ master Robert Walter, joined by Skerik, James Singelton, and Johnny Vidocovitch to lay down a set that jams from the giddy up and doesn’t finish until it comes to the end if you know what I mean!?! It’s ROBERT WALTER’S SUPER HEAVY ORGAN TOUR LIVE! …this weeks addition of LIVE @ BJ'S and don’t forget now on Wednesday’s earlier time of 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific!

IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fus ion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!

THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN! This weekend Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN!” Join the newest voice on Beyond Jazz, award-winning presenter, producer and writer Mark Ruffin in our studios in Chicago as he covers the many aspects of the world of modern jazz from his perspective.  Listen twice each weekend for THE MOJA REPORT , Saturday mornings at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific, just before Words & Music begins, and Sunday nights at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, part of the Sunday Specials. It’s "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN,” and on this week’s edition Mark joins in on our look at the joys of the Hamond B3 Organ in MOJA with a show he calls "The Buffalo Organ Triangle" as he plays classic organ work from artists who hail from the Buffalo, Philadelphia, Newark area like Charles Earland, Larry Young, Papa John DeFrancesco and more.

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, October 13th, we'll continue a week-long celebration of the Hammond B3 Organ in MOJA as we spend the day with five of the current greats of the instrument on a special presentation titled GETTING ORGANIZED!  Join Michelle Sammartino and Russ Davis as they hang with five great artists who use the classic instrument, the Hammond B3 organ, to make their musical statements. You’ll hear from Dr. Lonnie Smith, Joey DeFrancesco, Larry Goldings, John Medeski and Robert Walter, talking organ then playing organ. Interview segments followed by music from this brilliant, new work begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). It's GETTING ORGANIZED, celebration of the Hammond B3 in MOJA on this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested s ongs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.