[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Oct 6,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 4 20:29:04 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Oct 6,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Oct 6,2007

A pre birthday celebration is on tap for Thelonious Monk on this show - all Monk classics.

Hour 1

THELONIOUS MONK - "Dinah" - Solo Monk - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance With You" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Sweet and Lovely" - Solo Monk - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Thelonious" - Genius of Modern Music - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Four in One" - Genius of Modern Music Vol 2 - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Well You Needn't" - Genius of Modern Music Vol 1 - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Straight No Chaser" - Genius of Modern Music Vol 2 - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "In Walked Bud" - Genius of Modern Music Vol 1 - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "It Don't Mean a Thing" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Just You Just Me" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "I Let a Song Go Out of My Heart" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "April in Paris" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Hour 2

THELONIOUS MONK - "Ruby My Dear" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Blues Five Spot" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "In Walked Bud" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Brilliant Corners" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Evidence" - At Carnegie Hall - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Rhythm A Ning" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Blue Monk" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Straight No Chaser" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Hour 3

THELONIOUS MONK - "Evidence" - The Nonet - Live - (NuJazz)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Monk's Mood" - The Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Ruby My Dear" - The Nonet- Live - (NuJazz)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Friday the 13th" - The Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Epistrophy" - The Nonet - Live - (Nujazz)

Hour 4

THELONIOUS MONK - "Hackensack" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Straight No Chaser" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Monk's Dream" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Locomotive" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Think Of One" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Coming On the Hudson" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "We See" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

Hour 5

THELONIOUS MONK - "Blue Bolivar Blues" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "I Didn't Know About You" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Criss Cross" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Japanese Folk Song" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Bye Ya" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Green Chimneys" - Straight No Chaser - (Sony)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Pannonica" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

Hour 6

"EVIDENCE" - Hosted by Joe Morton

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove