[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Friday October 5 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Oct 5 21:46:42 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd' s for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday October 5, 2007

(Barry Harris) K.G. - First Time Ever - Barry Harris - Evidence - ECD
22192-2

(Irving Berlin) Remember - Soul Station - Hank Mobley - Blue Note - CDP 7
46528 2

(Gerald Wilson) Lyon's Roar - Theme for Monterey - Gerald Wilson orchestra
- Mama Records - MMF 2021

(Dave Frishberg) I Wanna Be a Sideman - From Broken Hearts to Blue Skies -
Suzannah McCorkle - Concord Jazz - CCD-4857-2

(Elmo Hope) Moe, Jr. - Homecoming! - Elmo Hope - Riverside - OJCCD-1810-2

(Jonathan Kreisberg) Altered Ego - The South of Everywhere - Jonathan
Kreiberg - Nel Bay records - MB 10452 CD

(Gross) Tenderly - Float Like a Butterfly - Mike Longo - CAP - 1006

(Kalmar, Ruby) Three Little Words - Here to Stay - Carmen McRae - Decca
Jazz - GRD-610

8:01 NPR News

(Bobbby Timmons) Moanin' - Moanin' - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers -
Blue Note - CDP 7 46516 2

(Monk, Hanighen, Williams) Round Midnight - The Essential Herbie Hancock -
Columbia/Legacy  - 82796 94593 2

(Thelonious Monk) I Mean You - Dizzy's Business - Dizzy Gillespie All-Star
Big Band - Manchester Craftsmen's Guild Jazz - MCGJ 1023

(Bennie Harris) Reets and I - The Amazing Bud Powell Volume 2 - Blue Note
- CDP 7 81504 2

(Fats Waller, Andy Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - The Birth of Bebop - Cootie
Williams Sextet -  Charly - CPCD-8194-2

(Vincent Youmans, Irving Ceasar) Sometimes I'm Happy - The Birth of Bebop
- Lester Young Quartet -  Charly - CPCD-8194-2

Corrine Corrina - Big Joe Turner Disc A - Joe Turner - JSP Records - JSP
7709A

(PJ Perry) Royal Tease - Joined at the Hip - PJ Perry / Campbell Ryga
Quintet - Cellar Live - CL 10156

(Evans, Livingston) Never Let Me Go - Breakfast on the Morning Tram -
Stacey Kent - Blue Note -50999 5 01811 2 8

(Kenny Burrell) Isabella - Soulero - Kenny Burrell - Chess - GRD-808

9:01 NPR News

(Tito Puente) A Gozar Timbero - The Very Best of Tito Puente - BMG
Heritage - 74465 99001 2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Who Cares - Know What I Mean - cannonball
Adderly and Bill Evans - Riverside - OJCCD-105-2

(John Lewis) Django - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels - www.iporecordings.com

(Isham Jones, Marty Symes) There Is No Greater Love - Free for All - Frank
Rosolino - Specialty - OJCCD-1763-2

(Sam Yahel) Saba - Truth and Beauty - Sam Yahel Trio - Origin records -
82479

(M. Edwards, B. Green) Once in a While - Music Maestro Please - Freddy
Cole - High Note - HCD 7168

(Nilson Matta) Baden - Encontros - Nilson Matta & Hendrik Meurkens -
Malandro Records - MAL 71015