[JPL] PLAYLIST: 10-07-07 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Oct 7 19:22:56 EDT 2007

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
Thelonious Monk - Ruby My Dear - Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane - Riverside Records - 2006
Charlie Rouse - Some Words About Monk - Epistrophy - 1988
Thelonious Monk - Epistrophy - Monk Round The World - Thelonious Records - 2004
Thelonious Monk - Little Rootie Tootie - The Thelonious Monk Memorial Album - Milestone - 1989
Andy Bey - Get Straight (Straight, No Chaser) - Shades Of Bey - Evidence Music - 1998
TS Monk - Bright Mississippi - Monk On Monk - N2k Encoded Music - 1997
Harry "Sweet" Edison - Centerpiece - Live At The Iridum - Telarc Jazz - 1997
Thelonious Monk - In Walked Bud - Underground - Columbia Records - 1968

1:00
Thelonious Monk - Nutty - Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane - Riverside Records - 2006
Sonny Fortune - Round Midnight - You And The Night And The Music - 18th & Vine - 2007
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water From an Ancient Well - Cape Town Revisited - Enja Records - 2000
Calabria Foti - I Wanna Be Loved - A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening - MoCo Records - 2007
Thelonious Monk - I Surrender, Dear - The Art Of The Ballad - Prestige Records - 1998
Mark Weinstein - Evidence - Con Alma - Jazzheads - 2007
Diana Krall - Fly Me To The Moon - The Very Best Of ... - Verve - 10/07
Thelonious Monk - Rhytham-A-Ning - Live At Monterey Jazz Fest, Highlights Vol. 1 - MJF Records - 2007

2:00
Rashied Ali Quintet - Round Midnite - Judgment Day Vol. 2 - Survival Records - 2006
Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners - The Thelonious Monk Memorial Album - Milestone - 1989
Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Nutty - Thelonious Sphere Monk Dream Of The Masters Vol. 2 - DIW/Columbia - 1991
Ella Fitzgerald - Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Love Letters From Ella - Concord Music - 2007
Ray Brown - Blue Monk - Super Bass - Telarc - 1997
Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers - Are You Real - Moanin' - Blue Note - 1995
Pharoah Sanders - The Creator Has A Master Plan - Red Hot On Impulse - GRP - 1991

3:00
Thelonious Monk - Off Minor - The Best Of Thelonious Monk - Riverside - 2004
Thelonious Monk - Four In One - The Blue Note Years - Blue Note - 1991
Yusef Lateef - Morning - The Yusef Lateef Anthology - Rhino Records - 1994
Jackie Ryan - The Very Thought Of You - You And The Night And The Music - Open Art - 2007
Randy Weston - The Beauty Of It All - Saga - Verve - 1995
Kenny Barron - Christopher's Dance - Things Unseen - Verve - 1997
Andy Bey - Like A Lover - Shades Of Bey - Evidence Music - 1998
Thelonious Monk - Bye-ya - Monk's Dream - Columbia - 1962