[JPL] FW: WWSP Playlist Week Of 10/8/07

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:35:50 EDT 2007

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 10/7/07 WWSP 90fmUniversity of Wisconsin Stevens Point11,500 Watts Russ HainesJazz/World Music Directorrfhnyc_ at hotmail.com PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE. 4 or more SPINS 4 Rashied Ali Quintet - Judgement Day Vol.2 - SR4 Paul Bley - Solo In Mondsee - ECM
4 Dee Dee Bridgewater - Red Earth - Emarcy/DDB
4 Bring Back Pluto - Nine -
5 Dee Daniels - Jazzinit - Origin5 Miles Davis - The On The Corner Sessions - Columbia
5 Dale Fielder Quartet - Plays The Music Of Pepper Adams - Clarion
5 Sonny Fortune - You & The Night & The Music - 18th & Vine4 Richard Galliano Quartet - If You Love Me - CAM4 Charles Gatschet - Step Lightly - Self Produced5 Etta Jones/Houston Person - Don't Misunderstand - HighNote4 Nigel Kennedy - Blue Note Sessions - Blue Note5 Mike Longo Trio - Float Like A Butterfly - CAP5 Greta Matassa - The Smiling Hour - Origin5 Bill Mays - Fantasy - Palmetto
4 Sophie Milman - Make Someone Happy - Koch4 Oliver Mtukudzi - Tsimba Itsoka - Heads Up
5 New York Voices - A Day Like This - MCG4 Pearl Django - Modern Times - Modern Hot Records5 Tienke Postma - A Journey That Matters - Foriegn Media Jazz5 Chris Potter - Follow The Red Line - Sunnyside
5 Wallace Roney - Jazz - HighNote
5 Jackie Ryan - You & The Night & The Music - Open Art5 Christian Scott - Anthem – Concord
5 Luciana Souza - The New Bossa Nova - Verve5 Helen Sung - Sungbird - Sunnyside5 Billy Taylor & Gerry Mulligan - Live At MCG - MCG
4 Mark Weinstein – Con Alma – Jazzheads4 Gerald Wilson Orchestra – Monterey Moods – Mack Ave.

2 - 3 Spins 2 Federico Aubele - Panamericana - ESL2
2 Jim Balagurchik – Free At Last – Self Produced
2 Billy Bang - Above & Beyond - Justin Time
2 Tom Braxton - Imagine This - Pacific Coast Jazz3 Amanda Carr - Soon - OMS Records2 Greg Chako - Paint A Picture, Tell A Story - Self Produced3 Yashmin Charnet-Abler - Remember Me - Bossa Nova Music
2 Choro Ensemble – Nosso Tempo – Anzic
2 Cique – Selftitled – Capri
2 Sandy Dennison - Jazzed - Self Produced2 Bill Easley – Business Man’s Bounce – 18th & Vine
3 Bobby Floyd - Notes To & From My Friends - Chicken Coup2 Wendy Fopeano - Raining On The Roses - Outside Shore Music2 Jamie Fox – When I Get Home – Rarecat Records
2 Joe Friedman - Cup O'Joe - NAS Music
3 Bob Hamilton Trio - WixWax - Capri Records
2 Tardo Hammer – Look Stop & Listen – Sharp Nine
2 Happy Apple - Happy Apple Back On Top -Sunnyside2 Julie Hardy – The Wish – World Culture Music
3 Allan Harris - Nat King Cole: Long Live The King - Love Productions3 Bradford Hayes - The Jazz Life - Intensity Music3 David Hazeltine – The Inspiration Suite – Sharp Nine
2 Hamilton De Holanda – Intimo – Adventure Music
2 Jentsch Group Large – Brooklyn Suite – Fleur De Son
2 Hector Lavoe - La Voz - Emusica Records/Fania
2 Alex Levin Trio - A Reason For Being Alone - Apology Records
2 Manhattan New Music Project - Jazz Cycles - MNMP3 Bill McHenry - Roses - Sunnyside2 Michael O’Neill Quintet – Still Dancin’ – Jazzmo Records
3 Oregon - 1000 Kilometers - CAM
3 Gail Pettis - May I Come In? - OA23 Chris Potter - 10 Songs For Anyone - Sunnyside3 Rudder – Selftitled – 19/8 music
3 Rob Ryndak - A Reason To Smile - Pacific Coast Jazz3 Antonio Sanchez - Migration - CAM2 Annette Sanders/Bob Florence - You Will Be My Music - MAMA 3 Jacques Schwarz-Bart - Sone' Ka-La - Emarcy
3 Shook/Russo Trio - Introducing The Fab Trio - Summit3 Ricardo Silveira – Outro Rio – Adventure Music
2 Melani L. Skybell - Just A Chase Away - Self Produced
2 Melvin Smith – Portrait – Self Produced
3 Curtis Stigers - Real Emotional - Concord2 John Surman - The Spaces In Between - ECM3 Jeannie Tanner - Tanner Time - Tanner Time Records
3 Dotti Anita Taylor - A Morning Glory - Self Produced2 Chris Taylor Trio With Mark Adler - Girl Of My Dreams - Sweet Pea
2 Miss Tess - When Tomorrow Comes - Patuxent Music
3 Various - Live At The Monterey Jazz Festival Highlights, Vol. 1 - MJF2 Chris Wabich - Jade Vision - Sea Breeze2 Chris Walden Big Band & St. Johns Choir - Kurt Marti Suite – Origin
2 Saco Yasuma – Another Rain – Leaf Note
ADDS WEEK OF 10/7/07

Daniel Barry – Walk All Ways – OA2
Marco Benevento – Live At Tonic – Ropeadope
Blue Wisp Big Band – Tribute – Sea Breeze
Laverne Christie Trio – East Of The Sun… - Quiescent
Marty Ehrlich & Myra Melford – Spark – Palmetto
Gary Foster/Putter Smith – Perfect Circularity – AJL
Champion Fulton/David Berger – Champian – Such Sweet Thunder
Steve Hall Quintet – Better Late – Movealong
Marsha Heydt – One Night – Blue Toucan
Ed Johnson – The Other Road – Cumulus
Rob Lockart – Parallel Lives – Origin
Lisa Markley – The Sky Is Blue & Sometimes Cries – Soona Songs
Bobby Matos – Gratitude – LifeForceJazz
John Mclean – Better Angels – Origin
Josh Nelson – Let It Go – Native Language
William Parker – Corn Meal dance - AUM **** The next ADD date for WWSP is 10/14/07. We will have space for 15 discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. *** All discs chart for 7-8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP 90fm. Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481