[JPL] PLAYLIST - WSHA 10/8/07 Straight No Chaser

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Tue Oct 9 20:53:10 EDT 2007

PLAYLIST:
WSHA 88.9 Raleigh -  Straight No Chaser,   Monday Edition (Susan Reeves)
Monday October 8, 2007         8-midnight

(artist- song title - cd) (*- recent release)

8:06
Tardo Hammer  -    The Squirrel   (look, stop, and listen)*
Jackie and Roy  -  The Way We Are   (Echoes)
Debbie Poryes  - I Hadn't Anyone Til You   (A Song in Jazz)*
Ezra Weiss   -   Run Under the Fountain   (Get Happy) *
Marty Ehrlich/Myra Melford -  Up Do   (Spark!) *
Herbie Hancock  -  Tea Leaves  (River- The Joni Letters)*
Jason Moran   -   Ringing My Phone   (Bandwagon)
Julie Hardy  - Soaring  (The Wish) *

9:06          Thelonious Monk, Chronologically
Hot Lips Page -  I've Found a New Baby  (After Hours in Harlem)
TM -  Humph  (Complete Blue Note vol 1)
TM -  Misterioso   (Complete Blue Note vol 2)
TM -  Four in One &  Criss Cross  (Best of TM on Blue Note )
TM -  Skippy    (Complete Blue Note vol 3)
TM -  Hackensack (Piano Solo)
TM -  It Don't Mean Thing   (TM Plays Ellington )
Art Blakey -  I Mean You (Jazz Messengers w TM)
TM - Reflections (Complete Blue Note vol 3)

10:06
TM Quartet - Nutty (Carnegie Hall w John Coltrane)
TM - Trinkle Tinkle  (Complete Blue Note vol 4)
TM -  Friday the 13th  (Town Hall Concert)
TM -  Light Blue  (Newport 1963&65)
TM -  Bright Mississippi  (Monterey 1964 )*
Carmen McRae -   Listen to Monk  (Carmen Sings Monk)

11:06
Thelonious Monk - Ruby My Dear  (Newport 1963&65)
TM-  Boo Boo's Birthday  (Underground)
Charles Tolliver - 'Round Midnight  (With Love)
Mose Allison  - Lost Mind  (Pure Mose)
Art Blakey - Split Kick - (Jazz Messengers at Birdland vol 1)
Lee Wiley -     Down With Love  (Hot House Rose)
                       Moanin' in the Mornin' (LW Sings Songs of Rodgers&Hart and Arlen)
                       A Little Birdie (Hot House Rose)
Omar Sosa - Oda al Negro  (Sentir)

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org

**Support Live Music**
Susan Reeves
PO Box 3047
Durham, NC  27715
susan at susanreeves.net
www.susanreeves.net
Straight No Chaser - 88.9 fm - WSHAfm.org
Project Consultant, Duke University/FollowingMonk.org