[JPL] Paris

Seymour, Bob BSeymour at wusf.org
Thu Oct 11 18:13:15 EDT 2007

John --

Check out Ellington's "Paris Blues", the theme to the Newman/Poitier
movie.  I just happened to pick up the soundtrack, which includes a few
lines of dialog from the film.  And you might find some things from the
catalogs of Michel Legrand or Claude Bolling Big Bands.

When many stations -- like us -- are cutting back on premiums, you're
offering a trip to Paris!  Good luck with the drive --

Bob Seymour
WUSF, Tampa

On my big band show this Sunday (Best Coast Jazz wfpk.org) we're into
our fund raiser and a Paris vacation is one of our give aways.  Our
CEO is on air with me and wants a Paris theme.  Besides Basie's April
in Paris, are there any big band cuts that come to mind?  Thanks for
the help. John