[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, October 11, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Oct 11 19:08:18 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, October 11, 2007
Art Blakey, b. 10/11/19

8:00 PM Art Blakey The Big Beat Dat Dere Blue Note 1961 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Blakey Wikipedia entry

8:10 PM Tardo Hammer Look Stop & Listen Focus Sharp Nine 2007
8:15 PM Jackie Ryan You and the Night and the Music I Just Found Out About Love Open Art 2007
8:20 PM Eric Alexander Temple of Olympic Zeus I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out of My Life High Note 2007

8:30 PM Jon Mayer So Many Stars Holy Land Reservoir 2007
8:35 PM Freddy Cole Music Maestro Please Music Maestro Please High Note 2007

8:44 PM Sheila Jordan Portrait of Sheila Dat Dere Blue Note 1962 http://www.vtjazz.org/events.html VJC concert
8:47 PM Sheila Jordan & Cameron Brown Celebration Blues Medley for Miles High Note 2005 http://www.vtjazz.org/events.html October 12 concert

9:00 PM Kenny Dorham The Jazz Prophets Blues Elegante Chessmates 1956
9:09 PM Carl Saunders The Lost Bill Holman Charts Ow MAMA 2007
9:15 PM Art Blakey Moanin' Moanin' Blue Note 1958

9:27 PM Lee Morgan Search for the New Land Search for the New Land Blue Note 1964 featuring Billy Higgins, b. 10/11/36

9:45 PM Herbie Hancock River: The Joni Letters Court and Spark Verve 2007
9:53 PM David Sanford Live at the Knitting Factory Link Chapel Oxingale 2007 http://www.wfcr.org/WFCREVENTS/index.php October 25 concert

10:03 PM Art Blakey A Night at Birdland/Vol. 1 A Night in Tunisia Blue Note 1954
10:12 PM Art Blakey A Night at Birdland/Vol. 1 Mayreh Blue Note 1954

10:20 PM Joey DeFrancesco The Authorized Bootleg Ceora Concord Jazz 2007
10:34 PM Ryan Kisor The Sidewinder Like Someone in Love Videoarts Music 2003

10:45 PM John Scofield This Meets That Strangeness in the Night Emarcy 2007
10:52 PM Joe Cohn Restless Comes Love Arbors 2007

Friday's highlights: Lee Konitz with Barry Harris and Kenny Barron; Miles Davis with Milt Jackson; new releases by Cyrus Chestnut, Stacey Kent, and David Hazeltine.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR