[JPL] Paris

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:47:47 EDT 2007

One of my favorite big band versions of I Love Paris is by Marty Paich
with Art Pepper.

Shirley Horn's live concert in Paris; recordings at the Paris Jazz
Festival by Miles Davis Quintet with James Moody and Tadd Dameron;
Ellington's Great Paris Concert or live at Alhambra -- all of the live
jazz recordings done in Paris would make a good atmosphere. Clifford
Brown, Lionel Hampton, Quincy Jones Big Band recorded in Paris. Sarah
Vaughn in Paris. And then there's the Swing Record label, the first
all jazz record label ever, with many great jazz artists recorded in
Paris. Anything made "Live at the New Morning." Could play some Jackie
Terreson, Manu Katche, Stephane Grapelli...

Would love to go. Been to France twice, both times to the south.