[JPL] Jazz Entertainer turns 100 & still performing!

Michelle Mobley michelle_mobley at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 12 15:25:16 EDT 2007

Hawaiian and Jazz entertainer, Bill Tapia will be headlining his own
100th Birthday Celebration and Show with various performers at the lavish, art
deco Warner Grand Theatre in San Pedro, California on
Sunday, November 18th. Bill's music career spans over 85 years and
he continues to perform, tour, record and teach at 99 years young!
It is safe to say that he is today's oldest living professional musician.

This email isn't so much to inform you of his upcoming event since I
know most of you fall outside of the Southern California region, but
I wanted to be sure to introduce you to this inspirational, charming
gentleman, his life and music. Many of you may already know of Bill,
many of you may not, but I hope you take the time to check out the
following links which only begin to scratch the surface. With his
sharp mind, quick wit and knack for storytelling you can easily be
locked in for hours!

Please check out the one sheet:
http://panioloproductions.com/TapiaOnesheet.jpg

Other links to visit:
http://billtapia.com/
http://panioloproductions.com/
http://www.myspace.com/panioloproductions (for audio samples)

If you are interested in contacting him for an interview, please let me know!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Alyssa Archambault
Paniolo Productions
P.O. Box 66265
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(323)547-3482
alyssa at panioloproductions.com

"As delightful as it is surprising...Tapia's 86-year career includes jams with
long-gone pioneers of American music, including Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday
and Fats Waller. ...Tapia takes his rightful place alongside these greats." -
Billboard Magazine

(Forwarded by Michelle from Peeedro)