[JPL] PLAYLIST JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 10/12/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 13 07:15:14 EDT 2007

Friday, Oct 12, 8pm / midnight, WGBH 89.7

CELEBRATING LEE KONITZ 80 BIRTHDAY (b. October 13, 1927)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Lee Konitz: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Dovetail (Sunnyside)
Lee Konitz: Stephanie, Tranquility (Verve)
Lee Konitz: Thingin', Dig Dug Dog (Columbia Japan)

8:28pm
Lee Konitz: Blues For Bird, Charlie Parker 10th Memorial Concert (Limelight)
Lee Konitz; Gil Evans: Reincarnation of A Lovebird, Heroes (Verve)
Lee Konitz; Martial Solal: Anthropology, Impressive Rome (CAM Jazz)

8:50pm
Claude Thornhill; Featuring Lee Konitz: Anthropology; Yardbird Suite,
The Real Birth of The Cool (Jazz Factory)
Miles Davis; Featuring Lee Konitz: Chasin' The Bird, Fresh Sound
Miles Davis; Featuring Lee Konitz: Move; Rocker; Moon Dreams,
The Complete Birth of The Cool (Capitol Jazz)

9:15pm
Lee Konitz; Orquestra jazz de Matosinhos: A New Ballad, Portology (OmniTone)
Henri Texier; Featuring Lee Konitz: Respect, Respect (Label Bleu)
Paul Motian; Featuring Lee Konitz: I Wish I Knew,
On Broadway III (JMT Music)

9:43pm
Lee Konitz: Body and Soul, Rhapsody II (Evidence)
Lee Konitz; featuring The Metropole Orchestra: It Never Entered My Mind,
Saxophone Dreams (Koch Jazz)
Andrew Hill; Featuring Lee Konitz: Invitation, Spiral (Freedom)

10:06pm
Lennie Tristano; Featuring Lee Konitz: Wow, Intuition (Capitol)
Lee Konitz: Subconsious-Lee, Lee Konitz (Prestige)
Lee Konitz: Ezz-Thetic, Conception (Prestige)
Lee Konitz: Foolin' Myself, Motion (Verve)

10:26pm
Stan Kenton Orchestra; Featuring Lee Konitz:
You Go to My Head, Broadcasts 1952-1953 (Artistry)
Stan Kenton Orchestra; Featuring Lee Konitz: Lover Man,
Sketches on Standards (Capitol)
Stan Kenton Orchestra; Featuring Lee Konitz: Of All Things,
Kenton Showcase (Capitol)
Lee Konitz; Alan Broadbent: Invitation, More Live-Lee (Milestone)

10:46pm
Lee Konitz: Autumn Nocturne, TenorLee (Choice)
Lee Konitz: Good Morning Heartache, Strings for Holiday (Enja)
Kenny Wheeler; Featuring Lee Konitz: Kind Folk, Angel song (ECM)

11:07pm
Lee Konitz: Hi Beck, Jazz at Storyville (Black Lion)
Gerry Mulligan; Featuring Lee Konitz: Too Marvelous for Words,
The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings (Pacific Jazz)
Lee Konitz: 317 E. 32nd Street, Live at The Half Note (Verve)

11:32pm
Lee Konitz; Martial Solal: Just Friends, Star Eyes, Hamburg 1983 (Hatology)
Lee Konitz: Palo alto, Lee Konitz Meets Jimmy Giuffre (Verve)
Lee Konitz: Crazy She Calls Me, Very Cool (Verve)
Lee Konitz: Footprints, Yes, Yes Nonet (Steeplechase)

11:55
Lee Konitz; Harold Danko: She's As Wild As Springtime,
Wild As Springtime (Candid)