[JPL] Jazz Entertainer turns 100 & still performing!

KZSU Jazz jazz at kzsu.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 13 23:13:26 EDT 2007

I had the tremendous pleasure of interviewing Bill a year or two ago.
What a character! He was full of amazing stories about his youth in
Hawaii -- entertaining soldiers during World War I (that's not a
typo!) with trick ukelele playing, his time working for a hotel,
chauffeuring celebrities to romantic locations and then playing for
them under the stars, and jamming with some of the greats of jazz
during the big band era. He's a delight and a treasure. And his recent
albums are quite nice, too!

If you interview him, though, you might want to pre-record. I don't
think I got him on the best day, and I wound up doing a lot of editing
down. But it was well worth the effort.

[FB]

Forrest Dylan Bryant
-----