[JPL] Jamey Aebersold Influences the World of Jazz

McWilliams, Robert C radiobob at ku.edu
Mon Oct 15 23:02:09 EDT 2007

While the Music Minus One idea existed previously, Aebersold's "Play-along" series took the whole concept to a new level, with a wide range of offerings, some suitable for the beginners and others quite advanced, with themed albums focused on composers or styles. the packaging was excellent, the rhythm sections first rate. When I was learning alto sax back in my law school days, they were essential.

Bob McWilliams
Kansas Public Radio