[JPL] Mingus question

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 23:46:50 EDT 2007

Peter,  Wasn't it on that album that he did with Joni Mitchell?  He was
no longer able to play or write it down and was singing what he wanted
played.   I'm looking for it and can't find it.

....... this is from allmusic.com:

Respect was growing, but time, alas, was running out, for in fall 1977,
Mingus was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's
disease), and by the following year, he was unable to play the bass.
Though confined to a wheelchair, he nevertheless carried on, leading
recording sessions, and receiving honors at a White House concert on
June 18, 1978. His last project was a collaboration, Mingus with
folk-rock singer Joni Mitchell , who wrote lyrics to Mingus' music and
included samples of Mingus' voice on the record.

So - it may be a Joni Mitchell record.

Jim