[JPL] pledge drive

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 10:48:23 EDT 2007

Well, it stops me from crying! The phones can be deadsville during our
10 p.m. to 3 a.m. M-F time slot when jazz is on, though listeners who
pledge during the day, or by mail before the on-air begins, often
mention jazz programming with their contributions.

One thing this "overall" philosophy has accomplished, for sure, is the
average time spent listening to Blue Lake is something like 7.6 hours
a day.

That said, I do pay close attention to fundraising during jazz
Saturday morning, and now, Sunday night. With jazz now on Sunday from
6 p.m. to 11 p.m. we find the phone ringing during that time for the
first time in years; this will only be our third funder with that
schedule and I'm hoping we've built more of a contributing audience
for that time slot. The Saturday morning program HAS to do as well or
better than the classical music and NPR news programming otherwise
heard here during the day. So far, so good.