[JPL] pledge drive

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 11:01:29 EDT 2007

Lazaro Vega wrote:

> Well, it stops me from crying! The phones can be deadsville during our
> 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. M-F time slot when jazz is on, though listeners who
> pledge during the day, or by mail before the on-air begins, often
> mention jazz programming with their contributions.

My show used to air from 7 pm - mid Monday through Thursday. We used to
do fundraising from 7 pm until 11 pm. Now my show starts at 8 pm but we
only do fundraising until 10 pm. After that we air a spot during each
break saying that we are fundraising and asking listeners to contribute.
That's true for all of the late night programs at WGBH, I think.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston
www.wgbh.org/jazz