[JPL] Playlist, Jazz From Blue Lake, 10-18-07, 10 p.m.-3 a.m.(includes Don Cherry)

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:37:51 EDT 2007

Jazz From Blue Lake
Thursday, October 18, 2007

Artist—Song Title – Album Title – Record Label

10 p.m. Eastern Time

Bennie Green, Blow Your Horn; Blow Your Horn: Decca

Wynton Marsalis/Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, All Aboard; Big Train: Columbia.
Wynton Marsalis, Supercapitalism; From the Plantation to the
Penitentiary: Blue Note.
Wynton Marsalis, Free To Be; The Magic Hour: Blue Note.
Wynton Marsalis /Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Soul For Sale: Blood
on the Fields: Columbia.
Jazz Datebook www.bluelake.org/datebook.html
Benny Carter Centennial Project, I'm In the Mood For Swing; Centennial
Project: Evening Star.
Leonard Feather's All Jam Band, Twelve Bar Stampede/Featherbed
Lament/Tempo di Jump (Men of Harlem); 52nd Street Swing: Decca.
Pee Wee Russell/Coleman Hawkins, If I Could Be With You; Jazz Reunion: Candid.

11 p.m.

Jelly Roll Morton/King Oliver, King Porter Stomp; The Pianist and
Composer: The Smithsonian Collection.
Wynton Marsalis, King Porter Stomp; My Jelly Lord: Columbia.
Wynton Marsalis Septet, In the Court of King Oliver; Live at the
Village Vanguard: Columbia.
Branford Marsalis, J Mood; Romare Bearden Revealed: Marsalis Music.
Jazz Datebook
Herbie Hancock, Edith and the Kingpin; River: The Joni Letters: Verve.
Jentsch Group Large, Outside Line; Brooklyn Suite: Fleur de Son Classics.
Marty Ehrlich/Myra Melford, Night; Spark!:Palmetto.

12 a.m.

Wynton Marsalis/Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Night Train: Big Train: Columbia
Wynton Marsalis Septet, Black Codes from the Underground: Live at the
Village Vanguard: Columbia.
Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Pursuance; A Love Supreme: Palmetto.
John Coltrane, After the Crescent; Dear Old Stockholm: Impulse.
Rashied Ali, Multi-Culti; Judgment Day Vol. 2: Survival.
Don Cherry Quintet, Neopolitan Suite: Dios & Diablo; Live at Cafe
Monmartre 1961: ESP.

1 a.m.

Jazz Datebook
Gerry Mulligan, Five Brothers; Jazz Profile: Blue Note.
Keith Jarrett Trio, Five Brothers; My Foolish Heart: ECM.
Bobo Moreno/Ernie Wilkins Almost Big Band, Angel Eyes; Out of This
World: Sundance.
Lee Konitz, Angel Eyes; It's You: Steeplechase.
Lenny Tristano, Turkish Mambo; Requiem: Atlantic.
Eric Rasmussen, Kary's Trance ; School of Tristano: Steeplechase.
Wynton Marsalis, Donna Lee; Live at The House of Tribes: Blue Note.
Branford Marsalis, Laughin' and Talkin' With Higg; Romare Bearden
Revealed: Marsalis Music.
Ornette Coleman, Jordan; Sound Grammar: Sound Grammar.

2 a.m.

Wynton Marsalis, Blue Interlude; Blue Interlude: Columbia.
Wynton Marsalis/Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Home: Take My Hand
(from "Sweet Release"); Sweet Release & Ghost Story: Columbia.

Lazaro Vega
Blue Lake Public Radio
300 East Crystal Lake Road
Twin Lake MI 49457