[JPL] Playlist Thursday October 18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Oct 18 21:59:32 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday October 18, 2007

(DeSylvam Henderson, Brown) Broadway - The Return of Art Pepper - Art
Pepper - Blue Note - CDP 7 46863 2
(Barry Harris) Luminescence - Luminescence - Barry Harris - Prestige -
OJCCD-942-2

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We're in Love - Portrait of
Cannonball - Cannonball Adderly - Riverside - OJCCD-361-2

(Johnny Carisi) Israel - Jazz Masters 5: Gerry Mulligan - Verve - 314 523
342-2

(Gordon Goodwin) Under the Wire - Homecoming - Eddie Daniels -
www.iporecodings.com

8:01 NPR News

(Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton) Flying Home - Hamp: The Legendary Decca
Recordings of Lionel Hampton - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-652

(Ray Noble) Cherokee - Study in Brown - Clifford Brown - Emarcy - 814
646-2

(Samson Trinh) Very Strange Night - Very Strange Night - Sanson Trinh -
Giggity Records - GR 111

(Johnny Mercer) I'm an Old Cowhand - Sonny Rollins - Contemporary -
OJCCD-337-2

(Frank Loesser) Take Back Your Mink - The Harry Allen - Joe Cohn Quartet
Perform Music from Guys and Dolls - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19354

(Carl Saunders) The Hook -The Carl Saunders Exploration: The Lost Bill
Holman Charts - Mama Records  - MAA 1032

Have You Got the Gumption - Louis Jordan and His Tympani Five - JSPCD CD
905 E

9:01 NPR News

(Sammy Cahn, Axel Stordahl) I Should Care - The Inspiration Suite - David
Hazeltine - Sharp Nine Records - CD-1039-2

(Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh) The Best Is Yet to Come - You and the Night
and the Music - Jackie Ryan - Open Art - OA 07292

(Heyman, Sour, Eytonm Green) Body and Soul - Coltrane's Sound - John
Coltrane - Atlantic Jazz - 1419-2

(John Scofield) Trio Blues - This Meets That - John Scofield - EmArcy -
B0009774-02

(Carter, Elli, Frigo) Detour Ahead - The Darkling Thrush - Sasha Dobson -
Smalls Records - SRCD 0005

(Pete Mills) Fossil - Fresh Spin - Pete Mills - Chicken Coup Records - CCP
7009

(Ronsion) Old Folks - Grantstand - Grant Green - Blue Note - CDP 7 46430 2

(Washington, Kaper) On Green Dolphin Street - A Night in the Life - Frank
Morgan - High Note - HCD 7164

(Bernstein, Sondheim) Maria - The Essential Dave Brubeck - Columbia/Legacy
- C2K 86993