[JPL] Identity of guitarist and bass player in this picture?

Tetrachord Music sftreat1 at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 19 19:41:42 EDT 2007

Dear JPL Jazz Historians,

We're forwarding a request from guitarist Josh Workman who is hoping some of
you jazz historians on the list can help identify the bassist and guitarist
in a photo that will accompany a magazine piece he's writing.  Please see
the links in his note below.

Thanks for your help,

Sanna Craig/Larry Vuckovich
Tetrachord Music
www.tetrachordmusic.com
707-942-9007
707-299-9964 and 9965 (cell)

WHO ARE THOSE MYSTERY MUSICIANS?

I'm just finishing a bebop article for Guitar Player and they picked a
famous shot of Lennie Tristano, Charlie Parker, and a mystery  guitarist and
bassist.  My first guess would be Eddie Safranski on bass, but not sure if
it's Billy Bauer on guitar.  They are so young here that I'm not positive.
Do you happen to know who those two men of mystery are on pg. 2 of the
article?  If you get this fairly soon and can let me know, I'd really
appreciate it.  You could answer me off-line at:  joshworkman at comcast.net

Here are the links.  If clicking on the links doesn't work, you can copy and
paste them into a web browser window.

http://www.joshworkman.com/images/menofmystery1.jpg

http://www.joshworkman.com/images/menofmystery2.jpg

Thanks!