[JPL] Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist - Friday; October 19, 2007 / 10 AM to Noon Pacific

Ron J Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Fri Oct 19 20:19:38 EDT 2007

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist
Friday, October 19, 2007
10 AM  to 12 PM Pacific

*         Robert Glasper / Rise and Shine / Canvas (Blue Note)
*         Gary Bartz w. Andy Bey / Celestial Blues / Harlem Bush Music
(Milestone)
*         Jerry Bergonzi / Creature Feature / Tenorist (Savant)
*         Christian McBride / King Freddie of Hubbard / Getting’ To It
(Verve)
*         Freddie Hubbard / The Seventh Day / Artistry of Freddie Hubbard
(Impulse!)
*         Elvin Jones / 3 Card Molly / Earth Jones (reissued on Quicksilver)
*         Philly Joe Jones / Baubles, Bangles and Beads / Mo’ Joe (Black
Lion)
*         Yoron Israel / Mellowdrama / Live at The Blue Note (Half Note)
*         George Cables / Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow / Looking For The
Light (Muse)
*         Shelly Manne / Jazz from Gallery 41 Interview with a Jazz Legend –
Shelly Manne (JFG41)
*         Kurt Elling / Nightmoves / Nightmoves (Concord)
*         Teddy Edwards / Jazz from Gallery 41 Interview with a Jazz
Legend – Teddy Edwards (JFG41)
*         Big John Patton / Minor Swing / Mosaic Select (Mosaic)
*         Kurt Rosenwinkel / Love In The Modern World / Heartcore (Verve)
*         Oscar Brown Jr. / Somebody Buy Me A Drink / Sin & Soul and Then
Some (Columbia)
*         Anthony “Batman” Ortega / Sentimentalize / New Dance! (hatOlogy)
(I had the good fortune of sharing a bandstand a couple or few times with
Anthony.  Great player.  Great guy.  This album is an excellent,
unfortunately somewhat ignored, recording of duos with bassist Chuck
Domanico and trios with bassist Bobby West and drummer Bill Goodwin).
Recent adds to our rotation - streaming and available 24/7/365:
*         Slow Poke / Slow Poke at home (Palmetto)
*         Larry Carlton / Live In Tokyo (335 Records)
*         Jacob Varmus /  All The Things We Still Can Be (Crow’s Kin)
*         Herbie Hancock / River: The Joni Letters (Verve)
*         John Scofield / This Meets That (Universal)
*         Rashied Ali / Judgement Day, Vol. 2 (Survival)
*         Cique / Cique (Capri)
Ron Pelletier - “Jazz from Gallery 41”
Streaming 24/7 – Broadcasting Live From Our Studios
Overlooking The San Francisco Bay
Check Our Broadcast Schedule For Times
Send Submissions for Airplay to:
Gallery 41
PO Box 8415
Berkeley, CA 94707
You’ll note I’m starting to air the historical interviews in my archives.
Also have recorded in the past week, more than a handful of amazing,
thoroughly captivating conversations with Kendrick Scott, Mike Moreno, and
Julie Hardy (all from World Culture Music), Melvin Smith (his new album is
“Portrait” and I’ve seen others have been discovered it)
have on the
calendar to soon record conversations with Jason Lindner, Tom Heasley,
Marcus Strickland, Christopher Jentsch, Michael Blake
the list is growing,
and I’m having a great time talking to all of these great artists who are
creating a new history as the music evolves.  And it is indeed in good
hands.  Will get them on the air asap, watch Gallery 41’s broadcast schedule
for dates and times.

Looking forward.
Ron J. Pelletier
Gallery 41 <http://www.gallery41.com/>
PO Box 8415; Berkeley, CA 94707
Tel: 510.528.0326 / Fax: 510.528.6777
Straight Ahead & Strive For Tone - A Jazz Blog
<http://jazzfromgallery41.blogspot.com/>