[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 10-21-07

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:51:04 EDT 2007

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 5-7 pm

1) Michael O'Neill featuring Kenny Washington-Cherokee (Still Dancin')
2) Theresa Brewer w/David Murray-In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning (Softly I Swing)
3) Mundell Lowe & Jim Feguson-Gone With The Wind (Haunted Heart)
4) Calabria Foti-The Touch of Your Lips (A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening)

Don Byas Birthday set
5) Don Byas w/Erroll Garner-Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams (Melody In Swing)
6) Don Byas w/Bud Powell-Good Bait (A Tribute To Cannonball)
7) Don Byas w/Slam Stewart-I Got Rhythm (Smithsonian Collection of Classic Jazz)

8) Keith Jarrett-My Foolish Heart (My Foolish Heart)
9) Tom Teasley-The Awakening (Painting Time)
10) Paul Bollenback-How Deep Is The Ocean (Invocation)
11) Saxopaths-Stille Hjerte, Sol gar ned (Unfocused Welcomes)
12) Howard Wiley-Twelve Gates To The City (The Angola Project)
13) Fred Hersch-Haunted Heart (Maybeck)
14) Alper Yilmaz-KuKe (Clashes)
15) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com