[JPL] SUNDAY NIGHT JAZZ PLAYLIST WCOM-FM 10/21/07

Kathryn Smith katesmith999 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 21:00:19 EDT 2007

THANKS Larry for the Brooklyn Rep Ens play.  Appreciatively - Kate.

Larry Thomas <lrt0393 at hotmail.com> wrote:  This Week's JPL Sponsor:

In his 55 + year career, guitarist Dale Bruning's latest Jazz Link Enterprises' CD, CLASSICAL CONNECTIONS, VOL. I is a showcase for both his playing and his arranging skills. Having lived and worked in the East before moving to Colorado, where he has become the cornerstone for jazz, Bruning surrounds himself with the talents of Ali Ryerson, flute; Jeff Jenkins, piano; Mark Simon, bass; and Paul Romaine, drums.

'Bruning weighs his notes with emotion and feeling like few others. Classical Connections, Vol. 1, is just, well, superb.'
Bob Bednar, Host/Producer - This Is Jazz, WJCT, Jacksonville, FL

http://www.jazzlinkenterprises.com
mailto:info at jazzlinkenterprises.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    THEME--WALTZ FOR A RAINY BEBOP EVENING--EDDIE JEFFERSON

Count Basie--A Little Tempo Please--Jazz Profile--Blue Note
The King Cole Trio--If You Can't Smile And Say Yes--The War--Sony
Jimmie Lunceford-Taint What You Do--The War--Sony
Count Basie--Basie Boogie--The War--Sony

Terell Stafford--Paper Trail--Taking Chances--Maxjazz
Tardo Hammer--The Squirrel--Look, Stop and Listen--Sharp Nine
Rene Marie--God Bless the Child--How Can I Keep From Singing--Maxjazz

Jackie McLean--The Three Minors--Vertigo--Blue Note

Jazz On The Latin Side--Yes Or No--Tambolero--Saungu
Johnny Blas--Cool Blas--Sticks and Bones--CuBop
Tom Lellis--Olinda Wind--Avenue of the Americas--Beamtide
Eddie Palmieri--Bomba de Corazon--Palo Pa rumba--Fania

Sarah Vaughan--Summertime--Complete Sarah Vaughan--Mercury
Betty Carter--Once Upon A Summertime--It's Not About The Melody--Verve
Jamie Davis--My Funny Valentine--It's A Good Thing--Unity

Terence Blanchard--Ashe--A Tale--Blue Note
Nina Simone--Sunday in Savannah--Legendary Nina Simone--BMG

Ron Carter--Someday My Prince Will Come--Dear Miles--Blue Note
Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble--Stolen Moments--Pragmatic Optimism--360
Terell Stafford--Taking A Chance On Love--Taking Chances--Maxjazz

Bradford Hayes--The Coaster--The Jazz Life--Intensity
Tardo Hammer--Super Jet--Look, Stop and Listen-Sharp Nine
Eddie Jefferson--Diggin In--Sophisticated Giant--Columbia
Dexter Gordon--A Night In Tunisia--Our Man In Paris--Blue Note

THEME--WALTZ FOR A RAINY BEBOP EVENING--EDDIE JEFFERSON

Larry  Reni Thomas
Sunday Night Jazz
WCOM-FM
9p-12 midnight
Chapel Hill-Carrboro, North Carolina
www.communityradio.coop

---------------------------------
  Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now! --

Sponsorship information: jplsponsor at jazzweek.com

                      KATE SMITH PROMOTIONS of CHICAGO

1413 Dobson Street, Suite 100
  Evanston IL 60202-4810