[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Oct 27,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 24 19:36:57 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Oct 27,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Oct 27,2007

Happy Halloween!

On tap for this show for Halloween is featured cuts from Hal Willner's Edgar Allen Poe tribute "Closed On Account of Rabies - (Poems and Tales of Edgar Allen Poe).

Tons of new CDs are on tap for this show - from organist Bobby Floyd - organ trio the Deep Blue Organ Trio - guitarist John Stein (a reissue of an organ trio album he did - not a pattern developing, really) - and arranger - trombonist Doug Beavers Rovira - who's new CD "Jazz Baby" takes children's tunes and sets them to big band arrangements in the style of '50s jazz arrangers like Quincy Jones, Billy May, and Marty Paich.

And no - there's no funny stuff going on between me and the people at Origin Records - they're just a really great jazz label from the West Coast whose releases are top notch who love to promote their stuff. Check their stuff out, OK?

http://www.origin-records.com

Hour 1

LAMBERT HENDRICKS AND ROSS - "Halloween Spooks" - Hottest New Group in Jazz - (Sony)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Get on Board" - Notes To and From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

ROB LOCKART - "Nightmare Thief" - Parallel Lives - (Origin)

BRADFORD HAYES - "Carolyn" - The Jazz Life - (Indep)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "A Deeper Blue" - Folk Music - (Origin)

DOUG BEAVERS ROVIRA JAZZ ORCH - "The Hokey Pokey" - Jazz, Baby! - (Origin)

THE SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "Butician" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

KIM RICHMOND ENSEMBLE - "You Don't Know What Love Is" - Live at Cafe Metropol - (Origin)

Hour 2

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "The Witch Doctor" - Complete Blue Note - (Mosaic)

THE DYNAMIC LES DEMERLE BAND FEAT BONNIE EISELE - "Work Song" - Cookin At the Corner Vol 2 - (Origin)

JOHN STEIN - "Green Street" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

DOTTI ANITA TAYLOR - "It's Misterios" - A Morning Glory - (Indep)

UPPER LEFT TRIO - "Revealed" - Three - (Origin)

BEN PATERSON TRIO - "Nardis" - Breathing Space - (Origin)

THE SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "Just You Just Me/Evidence" - Introducing the FAB Trio - (Summit)

JIMMY JUNEBUG JACKSON - "Unit 7" - On My Way Home - (Blue Canoe)

ROY HARGROVE - "Soppin the Biscuit" - With the Tenors Of Our Time - (Verve)

Hour 3

KEN NORDINE - "The Conqueror Worm" - Closed on Account of Rabies (Poems and Tales of Edgar Allen Poe) - (Mercury)

DOUG BEAVERS ROVIRA JAZZ ORCH - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" - Jazz, Baby - (Origin)

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "Never Knew Love Like This Before" - Folk Music - (Origin)

IGGY POP - "The Tell - Tale Heart" - Closed on Account of Rabies (Poems and Tales of Edgar Allen Poe) - (Mercury)

ANNETTE SANDERS/BOB FLORENCE - "Kissing Bug" - You Will Be My Music - (Mama Foundation)

BEN PATERSON TRIO - "Whisper Not" - Breathing Space - (OA2)

ROB LOCKART - "Waiting for Truth" - Parallel Lives - (Origin)

Hour 4

GREG DUNCAN QUINTET - "Tony's City" - Unveiled - (OA2)

DANIEL BARRY - "Nini's Dream" - Walk All Ways - (OA2)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Your Check's In the Mail" - Your Check's In the Mail - (OA2)

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN - "The Raven" - Closed On Account Of Rabies (Poems and Tales of Edgar Allen Poe) - Mercury

RANDY JOHNSTON - "Things We Said Today" - Hit And Run - (Highnote)

STEVE KUHN TRIO - "Lotus Blossom" - Live at Birdland - (Blue Note)

LIFE FORCE - "I'll Never Stop Lovin' You" - Tula Baba - (Indep)

DAN FOGEL - "Willow Weep for Me" - 15 West - (Laughing Waters)

Hour 5

DR JOHN - "Berenice" - Closed On Account of Rabies (Poems and Tales of Edgar Allen Poe) - Mercury

UPPER LEFT TRIO - "The "In" Crowd" - Three - (Origin)

DOUG BEAVERS ROVIRA JAZZ ORCH - "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" - Jazz, Baby! - (Origin)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Your Basic Gospel Song" - Notes To and From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

KIM RICHMOND ENSEMBLE - "Fuzzy Wuzzy" - Live at Cafe Metropol - (Origin)

ROB LOCKART - "Everything Happens to Me" - Parallel Lives - (Origin)

Hour 6

DEEP BLUE ORGAN TRIO - "The Chant" - Folk Music - (Origin)

DOTTI ANITA TAYLOR - "A Morning Glory" - A Morning Glory - (Indep)

BEN PATERSON TRIO - "I Thought You Should Know" - Breathing Space - (OA2)

BRADFORD HAYES - "Whisper Not" - The Jazz Life - (Intensity Music)

THE DYNAMIC LES DEMERLE BAND FEAT BONNIE EISELE - "I'm Beginning to See the Light" - Cookin At the Corner Vol 2 - (Origin)

ANNETTE SANDERS/BOB FLORENCE - "How Deep Is the Ocean" - You Will Be My Music - (Mama Foundation)

LYNNE ARRIALE TRIO - "Come Together" - Come Together - (Motema Music)

BOB SHAW - "Round Midnight" - Musin - (Varga Sound)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM