[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wednesday October 24

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 24 21:58:31 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Wednesday October 24, 2007

(Sonny Rollins) Oleo - Everybody Digs Bill Evans - Riverside - OJCCD-068-2

(Al Cohn) Battle of the Saxes - The brothers - Stan Getz etc - Prestige -
OJCCD-008-2

(Al Goodhart, Al Hoffman, Ralph Freed) Who Walks in When I Walk out -
Ella: The Legendary Decca recordings - Ella Fitzgerald - Decca - GRD-4-648

Orange Colored Sky - The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole
trio - Capitol - Mosaic 138

(Art Pepper) Surf Ride - The  Complete Art Pepper Aladdin Recordings
Volume Three - Blue Note - CDP 7 46853 2

(Benny Golson) Soul Me - Gone with Golson - Benny Golson - Prestige / New
Jazz - OJCCD-1850-2

(Billy Strayhorn) Take the A Train - Study in Brown - Clifford Brown -
Emarcy - 814 646-2 ((4:18))

() Segue in C- First Time! The Count Meets the Duke - Count Basie and Duke
Ellington - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65571

8:01 NPR News

(Sweets Edison) Centerpiece - Bags & Trane - Milt Jackson & John Coltrane
- Atlantic - 1368-2

(Quincy Jones) Jessica's Day - Birks Works: The Verve Big Band Sessions -
Dizzy Gillespie - Verve - 314 527 900-2

(Daniels) Déjà vu MJQ - Homecoming: Eddie Daniels Live at the Iridium -
Eddie Daniels - www.iporecordings.com

(Oscar Brown Jr.) But I Was Cool - Sin & Soul - Oscar Brown Jr. -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 64994

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love - The Cannonball Adderly
Quintet at the Lighthouse - Capitol Jazz - 7243 5 31572 2 7

Loungin' at the Waldorf - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy - 82876 83267 2

(James P Johnson) You've Got to Be Modernistic - Snowy Morning Blues -
james P Johnson - Decca - GRD-604
(Gerry Mulligan) Stand Still - Gerry Mulligan - Paul Desmond Quartet -
Verve - 314 519 850-2

9:01 NPR News

(Bill Holman) Scratch - The Carl Saunders Exploration: The Lost Bill
Holman Charts - Mama Records - MAA 1032

(Cole Porter) Dream Dancing - Dream Dancing - Jimmy Knepper - Criss Cross
Jazz - 1024 CD

(Nina Simone) Do I Move You? - Nina Simone Sings the Blues - RCA/Legacy -
82876 73334 2

(Victor Feldman) Seven Steps to Heaven - Miles Davis: The Complete Concert
1964: My Funny Valentine & Four and More - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 48821

(Kaper, Webster) Invitation - Kim Richmond Ensemble Live at Café Metropol
- Origin Records - 82487

(Kenny Burrell) Yes Baby - Blue Lights Volume 1 - Kenny Burrell - Blue
Note - CDP 7243 8 57184 2

(Mendez, Bergman) So Many Stars - So Many Stars - Jon Mayer - Reservoir -
RSR CD 191