[JPL] Next week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 08:59:48 EDT 2007

A Halloween special "Jammin' Jazz" show and a whole lotta guitar...next week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz!

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
XM Satellite Radio
33 West 60th Street
10th Floor
New York, NY 10023
russ.davis at xmradio.com

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (29 October-4 November 2006)

This Monday, October 29th, we’ll present another edition of our special feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of one of the busiest men in jazz today, CHARLIE HUNTER! If there is a guitarist that is more unique or more in demand than CHARLE HUNTER please tell us who he is. Whether it’s his solo work in a duo, trio, quartet or quintet setting or as a member of groups like Garage-A-Trois, T.J. Kirk or Groundtruther, Charlie and his 8-string and 7-string guitars have carved out an indelible place in the history of modern jazz.  Not only will we hear his fantastic music, we’ll also hear Charlie’s own comments that shed light on his brilliant career. Listen for MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS every Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at a new, earlier time of  9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific and this week we feature an hour of the music of CHARLIE HUNTER on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle presents a Halloween Week show featuring grooves from the dark side and songs all about ghosts, goblins, demons and witches by the likes of Charlie Hunter, Club E’lf,  Stanton Moore, John Scofield, The Budos Band and more…so funky it’s SCAREY!

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for GARAGE A TROIS @ THE QUEST in MINNEAPOLIS on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll take you to one of the hottest clubs in one of America’s coolest cities to hear Charlie Hunter, Stanton Moore, Skerik & Mike Dillon playing some of their own great tunes plus everything from Ornette Coleman to Prince.  It’s GARAGE A TROIS @ THE QUEST in MINNEAPOLIS on this week’s addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fus ion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION and on this week’s edition we’ll focus on the contribution of the great guitarists of MOJA who helped redefine jazz in the ‘60’s and 70’s with their dynamic work on the electric guitar.  Listen for Larry Coryell, John McLaughlin, Lee Ritenour, Pat Metheny , even Jimi Hendrix and many more!

THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN! This weekend Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN!” Join the newest voice on Beyond Jazz, award-winning presenter, producer and writer Mark Ruffin in our studios in Chicago as he covers the many aspects of the world of modern jazz from his perspective.  Listen twice each weekend for THE MOJA REPORT , Saturday mornings at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific, just before Words & Music begins, and Sunday nights at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, part of the Sunday Specials. It’s "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN,” and on this week’s edition Mark gives us the highlights of the top 20 from the new Beyond Jazz chart for the month.

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, November 3rd, we'll shine our spotlight on the men who live by the creed “have axe, will travel” with a special presentation titled THE GUITAR STARS OF MOJA!  Join Michelle Sammartino, Mark Ruffin, Russ Davis, and special guest interviewer Ben Smith of XM 76, Fine Tuning,  as they talk to twelve of the greats of Modern Jazz Guitar. You’ll hear from Mike Stern, Al Di Meola , Bill Frisell, Charlie Hunter, Larry Coryell, George Benson, John Scofield, Lee Ritenour, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Steve Khan and Will Bernard. Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). They all play basically the same instrument but each one sounds so unique, they’re THE GUITAR STARS OF MOJA, this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing reques ted songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.