[JPL] Jazz Improv Convention

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 11:57:49 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/29/2007 10:52:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
eric-jackson at comcast.net writes:

<<..I did enjoy the convention and the usual interaction with all  the folks
you meet at these conventions. I wish I could have stayed  longer. I
didn't like the New Yorker Hotel and to me a lot of the  restaurants in
the area look like greasy spoons. I like the area better  where the IAJE
is..>>

No doubt about this, but I'm sure budget comes into it. IAJE members  are
typically traveling on school department or collegiate budgets. The  convention
is huge, and can drive down the costs of rooms, but probably in  exchange for
pricey ballrooms and meeting-rooms for concerts and sessions.

I wonder what the overall economics are, a hotel like the New Yorker (and
Manhattan Center) versus the Marriott Marquis, or the Sheraton/Hilton  tandem.

Good to see you there!

Ed