[JPL] The aftermath in Denver

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Oct 29 13:01:44 EDT 2007

Bobby Jax wrote <<< hold your head up Arturo.  No shame in Colorado.  The
Rockies had
a great run... The National League needs to step it up a bit however. >>>

In reality no one expected the Rox to win, there was no doubt before the
series that the BoSox were the better team, we were all hoping to have a 6
or 7 game series. After Saturday's loss, we were all just wanting the Series
to go 5 because that would've meant that tonight Monday there would be 2
nationally televised games within a 1/2 mile of each other, Rox-Sox at Coors
Field and Broncos-Packers at Mile High Stadium. unlike most cities all 4
major sports teams buildings are in the Downtown area within an earshot of
each other, besides the 2 aforementioned sites the Pepsi Center is home to
the Nuggets and Avalanche.

Downtown's Ballpark District and Lo Do had a carnival flavored atmosphere,
the Clydesdales Coach rig was parked across the main entrance to Coors Field
and the legendary jazz bar-The Chapultepec-"The Pec", how apropo. It
should've been multi- GRAMMY© winner, Denver's own Dianne Reeves who was
home, singing the national anthem to jump start the Series in the Mile High
City, after all jazz and baseball are the 2 patrimonies of the US, yet
corporate mogul$ opted for a silly pop artist, however at least Denver
native-Phillip Bailey of Earth, Wind and Fire fame sang during the 7th
inning stretch.

Back in April no one ever expected that baseball would be played in Denver
in late October, so although we were swept by a better team we are content
with the season, now if only the Broncos can get it together to make the
playoffs, all will be great because barring injury both the Nuggets and the
Avalanche will make the tournaments in their respective leagues.

Arturo