[JPL] The aftermath in Denver

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 15:25:32 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/29/2007 12:29:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
POWDERSPAM at aol.com writes:

<<..Dianne Reeves would have made a lot more sense. i can  understand if
there's some kind of corporate relationship that necessitates  some
cross-promotion when it's relevant. but i'm assuming the country group,  Lone Star, is from
texas, and they didn't have anything to do with the  rockies, red sox, or
baseball in general as far as i could tell. that made it  seem pretty cheesy to
me, but then fox tends to lean toward the velveeta  fairly often..>>

Speaking as a one-time Coloradoan, many years removed, I think that Lone
Star's style of music conjures the state moreso than Dianne Reeves'. What do I
listen to more? Jazz, of course, not country. But you've got to take it (Fox)
for what it is. Lone Star reminded me of John Denver's sort of country-lite,
just the thing to stereotype the Rocky Mountain State.

Ed