[JPL] The aftermath in Denver

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Mon Oct 29 17:27:38 EDT 2007

Actually Ed I think music does play a big part for the players. As a
season ticket holder (and occasionally working games for Fox and
NESN) I get to spend a fair amount of time at Fenway each summer. I
know each player gets to choose a signature song to be played as they
come to bat. Mike Lowell being a Black Sabbath fan, we heard a lot of
Ozzie this summer and Manny & Ortiz love their Reggaeton and
Merengue.  Jonathon Papelbon has entered every game from the bullpen
to the tune of Wild Thing and lately they've added some Dropkick
Murphy's to the mix (in honor of his Irish stepping abilities) My
friend Mike Wilkins used to do the music at the ballpark and it's all
well thought out. At least at Fenway there is nothing random about
the music and the players all have an opinion when it comes to the mix.

Jeff Turton
WFNX Jazz Brunch