[JPL] Playlist WCVE FM Monday October 29

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Oct 29 22:43:03 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday October 29, 2007

(Mulligan) As Catch Can - What Is There to Say - Gerry Mulligan -
Cpolumbia/Legacy  - CK 52978

(S. Cahn, J. Styne) As Long as There's Music - As Long as There's Music -
Richard Wyands - Savant - SCD 2031

(Rodriguez, Conquet) Brasiliera - Flatjacks - Willie Rodriguez - Milestone
- MCD-9331-2

(Chuck Wayne) Solar - Quiet Fire - Frank Morgan-Bud Shank Quintet -
Contemporary - CCD-14064-2

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love - Anita O'Day Swings Cole
Porter - Verve - 849 266-2

(Barry Harris) Morning Coffee - The Texas Twister - Don Wilkerson -
Riverside - OJCCD-1950-2

(Charle Otwell) Song for Cal - Chile con Soul - Poncho Sanchez - Concord
Picante - CCD-4406

(Cole Porter) Just One of Those Things - Sarah Vaughan at Mister Kelly's -
EmArcy - 422 832 791-2

(Marvin Smitty Smith) A Smitty Ditty - Voyage - Phil Woods with the Bill
Charlap Trio - Chiarascuro - CR(D) 368

8:01 NPR News

(Sonny Rollins) Why Don't I - Volume Two - Sonny Rollins - Blue Note -
7243 4 97809 2 7

(Gershwin) Strike up the Band - The Gershwin Songbooks - Oscar Peterson -
Verve - 314 529 698-2

(Otto Harbach, Anne Caldwell O'Dea) I Know That You Know / (Cole Porter)
You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to - You and the Night and the Music -
Jackie Ryan - Open Art - OA 07292

(Ray Noble) Cherokee - A Study in Brown - Clifford Brown and Max Roach -
EmArcy- 814 646-2

(Ben Dixon) The Silver Meter - Along Came John - Blue Note - 7243 8 31915
2 9

Five Guys Named Moe - Louis Jordan and His Tympani Five - JSP Records -
905

(Joseph Grey, Leo Wood, Arthur Harrington Gibbs) Runnin' Wild - The
Essential benny Goodman - Bluebird/Columbia/Legacy - 88697 09491  2

(Irving Berlin) Mandy - Fats Waller at the Piano - Bluebird -
09026-63926-2

(Gaillard, Stewartm Green) The Flat Foot Floogie - Django Reinhardt Volume
2 - JSP Records - JSPCD 342

9:01 NPR News

(Al Cohn) Fast - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19329

(Mongo Santamaria) Afro Blue - Red Earth - Dee Dee Bridgewater - EmArcy -
B0009091-02

(Joe Henderson) Step Lightly - Step Lightly - Charles Gatschet - CGP - 2007

(Kenny Dorham) K.D.'s Motion - Afro-Cuban - Kenny Dorham - Blue Note - CDP
7 46815 2

(Adamson, Lane) Everything I Have Is Yours - The Big Push - Larry Willis -
High Note - HCD 7144

(Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) Blues in the Night - Louis Armstrong Meets
Oscar Peterson - Verve - 825 713-2

Brooklyn Bridge - Frank Sinatra: A Voice in Time (1939-1952) -
Columbia/RCA Victor / Legacy - 88697 14223 2

(Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - The Complete
Ella Fitzgerald Song Books - Verve - 314 519 832-2

(Ellington) Perdido / (Ellington) Main Stem / (Ellington) Sentimental Lady
- Duke Ellington: The Blanton Webster Years - Bluebird - 5659-2-RB