[JPL] New Orleans police stop Second Line, arrest musicians

dkunian at bellsouth.net dkunian at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 30 14:22:36 EDT 2007

Even though I think you are right, that is not necessarily so.  Not all black folks like second lines either.  It is quite possible that a black person called to complain.

What is so is that there are different laws and there is more pressure and more difficulty for participants in New Orleans black street traditions.

And to misquote the old song, "one monkey DOES stop the show," or one person complaining about noise can stop a whole parade, concert, festival, music club etc..

Don't let it happen to your town, any of y'all.

David Kunian - Jazz Lunatique midnight to 3 AM Wednesday nights - wwoz fm new orleans - www.wwoz.org

-------------- Original message from "Arturo" <arturo893 at qwest.net>: --------------