[JPL] Happy 30th Birthday to the Cork Jazz Festival

Dr. Jazz drjazz at drjazz.com
Tue Oct 30 23:43:36 EDT 2007

    Happy 30th Birthday to the Cork Jazz Festival

*One of Ireland's most talented hurlers, Sean Óg O'hAilpín and the
popular RTE TV presenter Kathryn Thomas will be taking to the streets of
Cork in search of the best bits from the 30th Guinness Jazz Festival
this year.Over the weekend, the pair will join Ruth Scott on 2FM's
Saturday Show to bring the best bits live on air. The Guinness Jazz
Festival runs from 26th -29th October when over 1,000 musicians from 30
countries perform in concerts, clubs and pubs around the city. This
year, Guinness celebrates 30 years of this hugely successful festival
with an extensive high-profile line up from all over the world.  "I'm a
big fan of music and I try to get to as many gigs and festivals as I
can", said Kathryn Thomas, "so I'm thrilled to be involved in the
Guinness Jazz Festival this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing
the streets, pubs and people come alive for the festival."

This year's line-up includes top American jazz stars such as Gary
Burton, Phil Woods, Chico Freeman, Don Byron, Mose Allison, Bobby Watson
and Jesse Davis who will join Brazil's brilliant Eliane Elias, France's
Richard Galliano Trio and Sweden's sensational guitarist, Ulf Wakenius.
Cork's Guinness Jazz Festival is one of Ireland's most successful Arts
&Cultural Events and one of the top three Jazz festivals in the
world,attracting over 40,000 visitors to Cork City each October Bank
HolidayWeekend. For further details and the 2007 jazz line up log onto
www.guinnessjazzfestival.com.

--
Dr. Jazz
Dr. Jazz Operations