[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF/WDVL, 8/31/07

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:54:11 EDT 2007

 Telephones ringing, people rushing into the booth - this is the sort of
scene I'm coming to expect every time I play something Balkan. This time it
was Fanfare Ciocarlia that set off the listener "feeding frenzy". There is
DEFINITELY a huge following for Balkan brass-band music in this corner of
the world. Curiously, there aren't a whole lot of people of Balkan heritage
around here. But great music crosses cultural borderlines, as we all know by
now. I honestly believe the Borat movie has a lot to do with this.
Freeze Pop is something our General Manager brought in for me to try out,
possibly a tongue-in-cheek move on his part. Apparently it comes from a
video-game soundtrack. What the heck; why not?
To the list:

Juggernaut Jug Band - Under the Chicken Tree - Jug Band Music? You Can't Be
Serious (various artists)

Jason Jakes - Hold On - Almost Home

Clark Terry - C.T.'s Express - The Chicago Sessions, 1995-96

Luna Blanca - I-AI-DO - Guitar Island

Lionel Lodge/Rens Newland - Losing My Religion - The Rock Quartet Live in
Vienna; The Covers CD

Pamela Rose - He Knows Me Well - Just For a Thrill

Daniel & Amy Carwile - Rutland's Reel - Col Arco

Anjani - Thanks For the Dance - Blue Alert

Glass of Water - When My Love and I Parted - demo

Colombiafrica: The Mystic Orchestra - Mama Africa - Voodoo Love Inna
Champeta Land

Jennifer Brantley - Lost Soul Searching - Break Down

Marisa Lindsay - Night and Day - Submit 2 Love

Small Potatoes - I Like You - Raw

Dave Morrison - Once Myself - A Little Farther Down the Line

Freeze Pop - Less Talk, More Rock - Guitar Heroes soundtrack

Cuban Cowboys - Jardin de la Verdad - Cuban Candles

Euge Groove - A Summer Night's Dream - Born 2 Groove

Toots and the Maytals - Pain In My Heart - Light Your Light

Ganelin Trio - Homage To Friends - Priority (audio CD promo for their DVD
release)

Jon Hemmersam/Dom Minasi - Sprint - self-titled CD

Fanfare Ciocarlia - Asfalt Tango - Gypsy Caravan: When the Road Bends
(various)

Lil Brian and the Travelers - Funky Feelin' - Worldwide

Mae Robertson - Great Big World - Dream

Smiling Jack Smith - Zombie Love - This Blue Before
    --
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"