[JPL] New Website: This Day In Jazz

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 12:28:51 EDT 2007

This is a great idea and very useful to programmers.  It brings to mind
a similar quest of  mine.  I've long felt that 1957 was one of the most
prolific and significant years for jazz albums.  With only a few
notable exceptions, most of the major figures were still making records
- Armstrong, Hawkins, Prez, Ellington, Coltrane, Dizzy, Miles, Mingus,
Monk, Billie, Ella, Sarah, Carmen,  etc.

Does anyone know of a listing of jazz recordings by year?  I'd love to
see a list for 1957!

Jim

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI