[JPL] PLAYLIST - WSHA 9/3/07 Straight No Chaser

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Tue Sep 4 21:42:04 EDT 2007

PLAYLIST:
WSHA 88.9 Raleigh -  Straight No Chaser,   Monday Edition (Susan Reeves)
Monday September 3, 2007         8-midnight

(artist- song title - cd) (*- recent release)

8:06
Nigel Kennedy-  Sudel  (The Blue Note Sessions) *
Tom Harrell - Bad Stuff  (Light On) *
Masha Campagne- Romance/ Alem Das Nuvens (Caminhos Cruzados) *
Randy Weston - African Nights (Self Portraits)
Rodriguez Brothers- Guayaquil  (Conversations) *
Mary Lou Williams - Virgo  (Zodiac Suite)
Joan Stiles -  The Brilliant Corners of Thelonious' Jumpin' Jeep  (Hurly Burly )*
Jerry Gonzales-  Monk Soniquete  (Y Los Piratas Del Flamenco)

9:06
Onaje Alan Gumbs - Stank you Very Much  (Sack of Dreams)
Jason Moran - Ringing My Phone (JM and the Bandwagon)
Andy Bey and the Bey Sisters - 'Round Midnight  (Andy Bey and the Bey Sisters )
Thelonious Monk Orchestra - Little Rootie Tootie (At Town Hall)
Bruce Hornsby - Straight No Chaser  (Camp Meeting) *
Carmen McRae-  Listen To Monk  (Carmen Sings Monk)
Joe Lovano/Hank Jones - Four in One  (Kids)  *
Jessica Williams - Misterioso  (Live at Yoshi's vol 1)
Charlie Haden/Hank Jones - Swing Low Sweet Chariot  (Steal Away)

10:06
Gene Harris /Jack McDuff - Down Home Blues (title)
Bobby Timmons - Moanin'  (Moanin' Blues)
Betty Roche  - I Got it Bad and That Ain't Good (Lightly and Politely)
Jimmy Smith - Back at The Chicken Shack  (title)
Joe Williams - In The Evening (The Overwhelming Joe Williams)
Dinah Washington - In The Dark (Back to the Blues)
Horace Silver - The Kicker  (Song for My Father)
John Cephas - Flip Flop and Fly  (Together in Las Vegas)
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Riviera Paradise (In Step)

11:02
Terence Blanchard - Wading Through  (A Tale of God's Will) *
Kurt Elling - I Like The Sunrise  (Nightmoves)*
Joey Calderazzo - Amanecer (title)
Charlie Haden/Kenny Barron - Spring Is Here (Night and the City)
Anita O'Day -  You Turned the Tables on Me  (Anita Sings the Most)
Lenore Raphael - Blues for OP  (Invitation)
Andy Bey - Someone to Watch Over Me (Ballads, Blues and Bey)
Omar Sosa - Oda al Negro  (Sentir)

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org