[JPL] Music Programming software....

Nick Francis nfrancis at kplu.org
Wed Sep 5 00:21:17 EDT 2007

Bobby-

Blaise pretty much nailed it with what you can do with Selector.  Selector is the "industry standard" for programmers, but MusicMaster and PowerGold are two other very good programs that are used by many radio stations. I use a program in my home studio called Natural Music, which has all the basic doodads that the above programs have, but much more affordable.

It's ironic that many jocks who program their own shows resist using this tool (for a variety of reasons), yet they're the ones who could most benefit from it. Putting together a creative and lively show takes a lot of prep time... and having a sophisticated database of all your music, organized and coded to your specifications, allows you to be more efficient in accessing, organizing, and setting up your tunes. You could do something like this using Access or Excel, but programs like Selector are like Excel on steroids.

Nick