[JPL] Next week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 6 09:05:31 EDT 2007

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (10-16 September 2006)

This Monday, September 10th we’ll present another edition of our feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of one of the super-groups of modern jazz, SPYRO GYRA! Thanks to the good graces of Heads Up International Records, we’ll be able to give you a full hour of SPYRO’S music as well as comments from the band that shed light on their incredible career that spans over 30 years. Listen for MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS every Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific, and this week it’s an hour of SPYRO GYRA on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION hosted by Michelle Sammartino...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle visits Chicago for the music of Ramsey Lewis and The Chicago Afrobeat Orchestra, New Orleans for the music of Bonerama, England for Us3, New York for Baby Buddah Heads and Mocean Worker and more.

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for GARAGE A TROIS AT THE HIGH SIERRA MUSICFEST 2006 on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll take you to the big meadow in Quincy, California for a quartet of the jazziest jambanders in history, CHARLIE HUNTER, STANTON MOORE, MIKE DILLON & SKERIEK, aka GARAGE A TROIS as they thrill thousands of screaming fans at one of the greatest outdoor festivals in America, and we’ll take you there. It’s GARAGE A TROIS AT THE HIGH SIERRA MUSICFEST 2006 on this week’s addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fus ion Era. Each hour beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!

THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN! This weekend Beyond Jazz presents another edition of "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN!” Join award-winning presenter, producer and writer Mark Ruffin in our studios in Chicago as he covers the many aspects of the world of modern jazz from his perspective.  Listen twice each weekend for THE MOJA REPORT , Saturday mornings at 11 AM Eastern/8 AM Pacific, just before Words & Music begins, and Sunday nights at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific, part of the Sunday Specials. It’s "THE MOJA REPORT with MARK RUFFIN,” and on this week’s edition Mark gives us another of his “Under The Radar” shows featuring artists he thinks should get more attention like Shawn Glyde, Dan Willis, Chevere, Matt Geraghty and more.

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, September 16th, we’ll take a look at one of the most enduring groups in modern jazz history with a special presentation titled 30 YEARS AND COUNTING: A SALUTE TO SPYRO GYRA!  Join Russ Davis as he talks to saxophonist, composer and bandleader JAY BECKENSTEIN as he gives us the inside scoop on the world-renowned band that began in their college days during the fusion era and continue to day to record and tour the world.   We’ll also here from former member DAVE SAMUELS who will look back on his days with the band.  You’ll hear music from all three decades of the band’s incredible output including their newest release, “Good To Go-Go.” Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). It's 30 YEARS AND COUNTING: A SALUTE TO SPYRO GYRA, this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing requested s ongs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
XM Satellite Radio