[JPL] Music Programming software....

Nick Francis nfrancis at kplu.org
Thu Sep 6 11:53:23 EDT 2007

Bobby -

I've used Selector and MusicMaster extensively (plus the Natural Music program I mentioned before). The basic structure for all of these programs are the same; all contain a basic database with hundreds of fields, all use clocks and categories, all have extensive analysis and log-printing functions, and all interface with automation and digital audio systems in one form or another.  The basic guts are pretty much the same across the board. There are differences of course in how they look and you might find differences in "user friendliness", but nothing significant in my book.

Have the software companies send you some demo material to see for yourself.

Price is the big thing to look for.  See what those companies offer as part of a "non-profit" package (usually cheaper than what commercial stations pay). Whoever out of Selector/Musicmaster/PowerGold gives you the best deal and the best support service, take it.

NF