[JPL] PLAYLIST:WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sept 8,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 6 19:37:30 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 8,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 8,2007

I'm featuring a couple of collections from the fine people at Mosaic Records that's come out over the last few years - The Complete Argo-Mercury Art Farmer-Benny Golson Jazztet Sessions and the Complete Blue Note Lou Donaldson Blue Note Sessions 1957-60.

Hour 1

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "It Ain't Necessarily So" - Complete Argo-Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Two Degrees East Three Degrees West" - Complete Argo - Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Killer Joe" - Complete Argo-Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Bean Bag" - Complete Argo - Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Blues March" - Complete Argo-Mercury - (Mosaic)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "Kadola's Blues" - The Sound of a Trio - (Verve)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Farmer's Market" - Complete Argo- Mercury - (Mosaic)

SAM YAHEL TRIO - "Bend the Leaves" - Truth and Beauty - (Origin)

REBECCA PARRIS - "You Don't Know Me" - You Don't Know Me - (Saying It With Jazz)

Hour 2

ART FARMER-BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Junction" - Complete Argo- Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Just in Time" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "The Cool One" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

ART FARMER - BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Wonder Why" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

BEN WEBSTER - "We'll Be Together Again" - Plays for Lovers - (Verve)

SUN RA AND HIS SOLAR ARKESTRA - "Reflections In Blue" - Visits Planet Earth - (Evidence)

DIANNE REEVES - "Something to Live For" - Billy Strayhorn Lush Life - (Blue Note)

STEVE TURRE - "Woody N'Bu" - Right There - (Antilles)

TEMPEST LITTLE BIG BAND - "Blues For a Purpose" - Atlanta Live - (Tempest)

WAYNE SHORTER - "Juju" - Juju - (Blue Note)

JEFF ANDREW SIMPSON - "Wake Up" - In a Midnight Mood - (Indep)

Hour 3

ART FARMER QUARTET - "So Beats My Heart For You" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

DAVID SILLS - "Salsipuedes" - Green - (Origin)

JOHN SCOFIELD - "I'll Take Les" - Hand Jive - (Blue Note)

CHRIS STEWART - "Dis Here" - Phoenix - (Indep)

BENNY GOLSON QUARTET - "How Am I To Know" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

SAM RIVERS - "Beatrice" - Fuchsia Swing Song - (Blue Note)

SONNY ROLLINS - "Poor Butterfly" - Best of Sonny Rollins - (Blue Note)

BENNY GOLSON - "Swing It" - Complete Argo Mercury - (Mosaic)

WYNTON MARSALIS - "What Is This Thing Called Love" - Live at the House of Tribes - (Blue Note)

Hour 4

LOU DONALDSON - "Blues Walk" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Strollin In" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Smooth Groove" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Grits and Gravy" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Stella By Starlight" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Gravy Train" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Caravan" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LOU DONALDSON - "Goose Grease" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

Hour 5

LOU DONALDSON - "Sputnik" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

MACEO PARKER - "Blues for Shorty Bill" - Southern Exposure - (Novus)

LOU DONALDSON - "Peck Time" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LEE MORGAN - "Cornbread" - Cornbread - (Blue Note)

LOU DONALDSON - "Light Foot" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

LAMONT JAZZ ORCHESTRA - "Moanin" - LJO'06 - (Indep)

HANK MOBLEY - "Dig Dis" - Soul Station - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

LOU DONALDSON - "Jump Up" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Where's My Hasenpheiffer" - Words Cannot Express - (OA2)

JOE PASS - "Blues for O.P." - Virtuoso #2 - (Pablo)

LOU DONALDSON - "Walking By the River" - Complete Blue Note 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

JOE LOVANO - "Crescent" - Joyous Encounter - (Blue Note)

JACKIE MCLEAN - "Blues Inn" - Jackie's Bag - (Blue Note)

ART FARMER- BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Round Midnight" - Complete Argo - Mercury - (Mosaic)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM