[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 6, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Sep 6 19:37:47 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, September 6, 2007

8:00 PM Tom McClung De-Classified Wings in the Woods Blang 2007 Amherst Congregational 9/9

8:05 PM Steve Kuhn Live at Birdland Jitterbug Waltz Blue Note 2007
8:16 PM Tierney Sutton On the Other Side Sometimes I'm Happy Telarc 2007

8:22 PM Kenny Burrell 75th Birthday Bash Live All Blues Blue Note 2007
8:26 PM Deborah Cox Destination Moon New Blowtop Blues Decca 2007
8:30 PM Bob French Marsalis Music Honors Milenburg Joys Marsalis Music 2007

8:40 PM Scott Hamilton Nocturnes & Serenades Flamingo Concord Jazz 2006
8:47 PM Rebecca Parris You Don't Know Me I Didn't Know About You Saying It With Jazz 2007
8:53 PM Roni Ben-Hur Keepin' It Open Indian Summer Motema 2007

9:02 PM McCoy Tyner McCoy Tyner Quartet Blues on the Corner Half Note 2007
9:11 PM Grady Tate From the Heart All Blues Half Note 2006

9:24 PM John Coltrane My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Atlantic 1960 http://tinyurl.com/yhy45o Wikipedia entry

9:38 PM Luciana Souza The New Bossa Nova Waters of March Verve 2007 http://www.lucianasouza.com/ Souza's website
9:43 PM Bobby Sanabria Big Band Urban Folktales Besame Mucho Jazzheads 2007
9:50 PM Ryan Kisor One Finger Snap Tin Tin Deo Videoarts Music 2006

10:00 PM Seamus Blake Way Out Willy Way Out Willy Criss Cross Jazz 2007
10:08 PM Tim Armacost Rhythm & Transformation While My Lady Sleeps Artist Share 2007
10:15 PM Wallace Roney Jazz Inflorescent High Note 2007

10:24 PM Tom McClung De-Classified Sequoia Song Blang 2007 Amherst Congregational 9/9
10:28 PM Richard Galliano If You Love Me Waltz for Debby CAM Jazz 2007
10:34 PM Esperanza Spalding Junjo The Peacocks AYVA 2006

10:44 PM Bruce Barth East and West Ask Me Now Max Jazz 2001 b. 9/7/58
10:48 PM Annette Sanders/Bob Florence You Will Be My Music Kissing Bug MAMA 2007
10:52 PM Dave Brubeck Indian Summer Indian Summer Telarc Jazz 2007

Friday's highlights: Birthday tributes to Sonny Rollins, Joe Newman, and Bruce Barth; new releases by Victor Goines, Lalo Schifrin, and Freddy Cole.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR