[JPL] Dobbin's Den 642 - Sept. 9, 2007

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 7 11:03:27 EDT 2007

DOBBIN'S DEN

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 642

On today's show we hear from Coleman Hawkins and Hampton Hawes as well as new material from Roberta Gambarini, Diana Panton, Ingrid Jensen, Maria Schneider, Donny McCaslin and the  Bud Shank-Bill Mays duo.
Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [and archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
September 9, 2007

GERALD WILSON [born September 4, 1918]

BIG BAND MODERN [JAZZ FACTORY]

Indiana (featuring Wardell Gray)

COLEMAN HAWKINS

TODAY AND NOW [IMPULSE]

Swingin' Scotch (with Tommy Flanagan)

TARDO HAMMER

TARDO'S TEMPO [SHARP NINE]

Minor Mishap (Tommy Flanagan composition)

HAMPTON HAWES

TRIO AND QUARTET 1951-1956 [FRESH SOUND]

Buzzy (Charlie Parker composition)

P.J. PERRY - CAMPBELL RYGA

JOINED AT THE HIP [CELLAR LIVE]

*Ah-Leu-Cha (Charlie Parker composition)

DON THOMPSON

ASK ME LATER [CBC RECORDS]

*Hot Chocolate (a pun on Parker's title 'Ko-Ko')

DIANA PANTON   (with Don Thompson and Reg Schwager)

IF THE MOON TURNS GREEN [DP]

*Moonlight Serenade

*There Out To Be A Moonlight Saving Time

DEAN McNEILL - LARGE JAZZ ENSEMBLE

PRAIRIE FIRE [CELLAR LIVE]

*Your Absence Is Noted (for Calder Spanier)

INGRID JENSEN

NORDIC CONNECTION [ARTIST SHARE]

*Cowboy

DONNY McCASLIN

IN PURSUIT [SUNNYSIDE]

In Pursuit

MARIA SCHNEIDER ORCHESTRA]

SKY BLUE [ARTIST SHARE]

Sky Blue [featuring Steve Wilson]

JOE LOVANO - HANK JONES

KIDS [BLUE NOTE]

Charlie Chan (based on John Lewis' Milestones)

ROBERTA GAMBARINI - HANK JONES

YOU ARE THERE [EmARCY]

Suppertime

Lush Life

How Are Things In Glocca Morra?

BUD SHANK - BILL MAYS

BEYOND THE RED DOOR [JAZZED MEDIA]

Red Door

CANADIAN CONTENT: 6 of 18

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS ON ESPACE MUSIQUE CAN BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS, AS I'M HER RESEARCHER.)