[JPL] PLAYLIST, "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 9/7/07

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:05:26 EDT 2007

"GE" went on an hour early today in order to run the Maria Schneider
interview which Jazzcorner.com was kind enough to make available to us. This
is a very professionally done, informative and entertaining special, which
made such an impact with listeners and our regular staff that it will be
rerun Sunday as part of our regular jazz programming. Other artists finding
special favor with listeners  included singer-songwriters Michael Gaither,
Caren Armstrong (a lovely fusion of contemporary folk with Japanese
colorations), traditional folksinger John Roberts, the piano-jazz trio of
Stevens, Siegel and Ferguson, the world-music/smooth-jazz blend of Airborne,
long-time Scottish favorites the Battlefield Band, and blues vets Canned
Heat with a "Going Up the Country"-style arrangement of an old Fats Domino
hit. To the list:

Maria Schneider interview - JazzCorner.com

Michael Gaither - Takin' Baby Steps - Spotted Mule and Other Tales

Melody Mann - Hard Road - Hard Road

Caren Armstrong - Origami - Everything

Stevens, Siegel & Ferguson - Crazy he Calls Me - Get Out of Town

John Roberts - Diego's Bold Shore - Sea Fever

Janine Wilson - It Should Be Me - Save Me from Myself

Mick Moloney - The Regular Army-O - McNally's Row of Flats

Travis Matte & the Zydeco Kingpins - Cheech and Chong - Booty Zydeco

Jerry Audley - Day By Day - Audley Enough

Airborne -Drums of Peace/Awakening - Turbulence

Signe Miranda - Solar Eclipse - Love Wins

Trout Fishing in America - My Hair Had a Party Last Night - My Best Day

Richard Desilets - Temps San Commencement - Eclats de Reve

Battlefield Band - Clan Coco - The School Building (various artists)

Canned Heat - Wait and See - Summertime Blues (various)

Cool Mood Trio - Night in Tunisia - Soul Portraits

Buck McCoy - What Might Have Been - Top Dog

Vickie Baker - He Say She Say - I Could Show You

Garry Jackson - Mixed Up Crazy - Something's Got a Hold On Me

Polish Highlanders - Medley of Wedding Tunes - Folksongs of Illinois 2:
Fiddlers (various)

Qwenland - Aanet - Music of Ville Kangas

Back Burner - South of the Border - Simmer On

Paolo Innarella Melodic Art Quartet - La Giacca Blu - Melodic Art

Stacy Mitchhart - The Blues Has Got You Bad - Gotta Get the Feeling Back
Again

Gail Pettis - I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face - May I Come In?

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"