[JPL] Chaka Khan - new radio special

Andy.Cahn at sonybmg.com Andy.Cahn at sonybmg.com
Wed Sep 12 14:34:02 EDT 2007

I am happy to announce some updates on our upcoming Chaka Khan radio
special.  Please let me know how you plan to air this program on your
station.

THE SOUL OF CHAKA KHAN

This new hour of music and conversation will feature Chaka Khan's career
as one of R&B's leading female vocalists, and her influence on
contemporary African-American music.  Chaka Kahn, producers Jimmy Jam
and Terry Lewis, former Rufus guitarist Tony Maiden and author Tonya
Bolden discuss the roots of Chaka's distinctive style and the impact she
has had on other artists.  These exclusive interview clips also cover
how her music has evolved from her early days with Rufus to her most
current work as a solo artist.

Music heard throughout this program includes exclusive live performances
- "Through the Fire," "Feel for You," "Sweet Thing" and "Tell Me
Something Good" - recorded at the Montreal Jazz Festival in July 2007.
You will also hear songs from her new CD, Funk This, in stores this
month.

CDs and digital feeds of this special will be ready for broadcasts as
early as 9/21.  Please let me know when you plan to air this program,
and how soon you will need a CD.  I will also update you when the
program is available online.

"The Soul of Chaka Khan" is recommended for anyone who aired Joyride
Media's previous R&B and Jazz specials featuring Sly & the Family Stone,
Sam Cooke, Nina Simone and Buddy Guy.  It's also good for stations that
scheduled the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Herbie Hancock or Chuck Berry
documentaries I sent you from other producers.

Andy Cahn
Promotion Director
Sony BMG Commercial Music Group
Artist and Catalog Development