[JPL] inside story of Klactoveedesteen

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Wed Sep 12 18:24:23 EDT 2007

I heard that Klactoveedesteen* was Bird's attempt to catch the sound of an
improvised jazz phrase in a word.

*also spelled Klact-Oveeseds-Tene on a Stash reissue of the Dial recordings

George

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net/jazz
Tu-Th 8-10pm, Fr 8pm-mid
------------------------------------
> any body know if there is an inside story to the title Klactoveedesteen?
>
> Was it the name of the Baronness's car or dog?
>
> Is this what they shouted anytime Dodo Marmarosa did a solo?
>
> Maybe it was the bebop competition for the laxative Swiss Kriss.  "Diz
> says, "Stay clean with Klactoveedesteen!"
>
> These are only idle speculation.  The mind can only wonder.

dk

jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net/jazz
Tu-Th 8-10pm, Fr 8pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner