[JPL] Joe Zawinul

Richard Paske rpaske at bitstream.net
Thu Sep 13 15:09:41 EDT 2007

Thanks, Bobby. I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. I look forward to hearing your pieces on Shorter and Zawinul.

Richard Paske
Notes from the Western Edge
http://freshearsmedia.com

****

Message: 13
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:02:06 -0400
From: "Jackson, Bobby" <Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org>
Subject: RE: [JPL] Joe Zawinul
To: <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>

Richard,

Brilliant!  I learned something. I loved your well crafted presentation
of Zawinul.  I encourage the rest of the panel to check it out.

I too have spoken to Zawinul on several occasions over the years and
found him to be earthy and engaging.  I haven't posted anything about
Zawinul on JPL but I have read all of your heartfelt comments about him.
He was a giant in life and generous with his time.  His music should
insure his immortality beyond his life.  I too, will miss him.

I did an eight hour length shows on Wayne Shorter based on Michelle
Mercer's book, Footprints: The Life and Music Of Wayne Shorter" and one
of those hours was spent with Zawinul.  It will be available on the WCPN
website shortly.

Aloha,

Bobby Jackson