[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday September 13

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 13 20:57:22 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

A thousand thank yous

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 13, 2007

(Hod O'Brien) Diffusion of Beauty - Restless - Joe Cohn - Arbors Jazz -
ARCD 19329

(Thelonious Monk) Bemsha Swing  - One Hopeful Day - Mark Soskin - Kind of
Blue Music - KB 10019

Maria Nunes - What Exit - Marc Feldman - ECM

(David Raksin, Johnny Mercer) Laura - Billy Taylor and Gerry Mulligan Live
at Manchester Craftsmen's Guild - MCGJ - 1025

(Sam Coslow, W.F. Harling) Sing You Sinners - The Essential Tony Bennett
- RPM/Columbia/Legacy - C2K 86634

(Palmer Williams) I Found a New baby - Sidney Bechet - The Legendary
Sidney Bechet - Bluebird - 6590-2-RB

(Milton Ager, Victor Selsman, Jerry Livingston) Your Lettin' the Grass the
Grass Grow Right under Your Feet - RCA Victor 80th Anniversary Vol. 2
1930-1939 - Fats Waller - 09026-68778-2

(Victor Herbert) Indian Summer - Business Man's Bounce - 18th and Vine
Records  - 18V 1055

(Ricardo Silveira) Moonlight in Rangiroa - Outro Rio (Another River) -
Ricardo Silveira - Adventure Music - AM 1033-2

8:01 NPR News

(Wayne Shorter) One by One - The Riverside Records Story - Art Blakey and
the Jazz Messengers - Riverside - 4RCD-4422-2

(Walter Smith III) Say Brah - Kaleidoscope - Sean Jones - Mack Avenue
Records - MAC 1037

(A. Goodhart, A. Hoffman, M. Sigler) I Saw Stars - Don't Misunderstand -
Etta Jones & Houston Person - High Note - HCD 7173

(Ellington, Strayhorn) Satin Doll - Oscar Peterson Plays Duke Ellington -
Pablo - PACD-2310-966-2

(Harry Smith and Franz Lehar) Yours Is My Heart Alone - Here's to My Lady
- Phil Woods - Chesky - JD3

(Pat Metheney) Arena (Sand) - Migration - Antonio Sanchez with Pat
Metheney, David Sanchez and Chris Potter - Camjazz - 5026

(Herbie Nichols) Dance Line - Herbie Nichols: The Complete Blue Note
Recordings - CDP 7243 8 59352 2 0

(Yip Harburg, Jerome Kern) Can't Help Singin' - When There Is Love - Abbey
Lincoln and Hank Jones - Gitanes/Verve - 314 519 697-2

(Johnny Hodges) You Blew out the Flme in My Heart - People Will Say We're
in Love - Nicki Parrott and Rossano Sportiell0 - Arbos Jazz - ARCD 19335